Some new interior shots, door pods... suede work...

desertheat
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tempe, Az
Well the interior is almost finished. All black suede headliner, a-b&c pillars, grey suede door panels, and trunk surround. Tons of other goodies. New XS65 image dynamics mids are in the doors and tuning is in progress. All in all coming together great!

dp1.jpg

dp2.jpg

dp3.jpg

rearinterior.jpg

subs.jpg

Other pics of the car are located here....

http://www.garage1217.com/HPICS/

I got a quick question about your door panels.

Did you just say...may a ring and affix it to the door...then smoothed it over or is the mid affixed to the door itself and you built up around it?>

?? Lost me, I did not say anything like that... the whole section of the door panel was cutout and the pod is 100% glassed in / shaped. The mid is attached to the glass pod which was attached to the door panel which is attached to the door itself. Very solid mount. The aluminum ring around the mid to cover the screws was cnc'ed out for a perfect fit. Did not glass over the oem door panel at all, that is to quick and dirty haha.

Hey man looks great. i do have a question though. me and my dad have a 1977 el camino and our headliner is always falling down and it sux cause we get down graded in it sometimes in competitions . we've tried a number of times to fix it but the adhesive will never hold it fully. any tips? would appericate the help thx man.

I am no interior guy, well I do basic glass work & cf work.. anyways.. but the adhesive I have used and the shop that did the suede work in my car "www.theinteriorshop.com" use wellwood by dap.. think that is how you spell it. Looks like green or yellow snot and once it sets up.. dear god it holds super tight. I HATE having to pull the stuff back apart after it is used, especially if it sets up for a few days.

A few days ago I saw a can for automotive use of a 3m panel glue that is heat resistant. never tried it but hey.. it is 3m and they generally make good stuff.

ill try that then man thx:). don't use 3m adhesive on a headliner it doesnt hold for sh*t see. thing that sux is most headliners have a shell mine and my dads el camino does not . it's just bare metal underneath:(.

ill try that then man thx:). don't use 3m adhesive on a headliner it doesnt hold for sh*t see. thing that sux is most headliners have a shell mine and my dads el camino does not . it's just bare metal underneath:(.

Cool try that wellwood. I can tell you it holds like a mofo. Spray it on the metal, then on the cloth. Wait 3-4 minutes and press the two together and it STICKS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.