Some Help For a Noob

Jacob Taylor

I recently bought a small Hyundai coupe, with crap speakers. I'm looking for a small, moderately priced, portable upgrade. (When I say portable, I mean i can pull it out if needed, not installed into anything)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jacob

kr15

Polluting Residentials
Feb 17, 2010
California
are you looking for door speakers? Deck? Amps? Subs?

pro-rabbit

Pro Seller
10+ year member
Jan 13, 2004
OKC, OK
Yep, just replace the stock speakers and see were that gets you. If you still want more lowend then pick up a single 8 or 10. Those smaller boxes would be easy to remove if you needed the space back.

OP
J

Jacob Taylor

Maybe I should clarify. I couldn't tell you the difference between a speaker, a amp, a deck, or a sub. I know nothing about car audio.. I would like a nice bass boost, and some volume. Theres plenty of room in the trunk, could I put something in there?

outsideshot23

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Nov 3, 2009
OKC
ya.. you need to replace your door speakers with some coaxials or something. Depending on your door size to make it simple and cheap pioneer make some good seats of coaxials for around 70 bucks a set and it will sound ALOT less foggy and increase your volume about 50%

pro-rabbit

Pro Seller
10+ year member
Jan 13, 2004
OKC, OK
In most cases for quick cheap situations grab some cheap stock replacement speakers...then grab a 200-500 watt amp and throw a 10" woofer in the back.

If you really need a person to point out everything then your best bet is to pay up the extra cash and let a local shop help you and have it done right.

outsideshot23

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Nov 3, 2009
OKC
i'd go big and get an 15 in there with about 2k ish power. that should give you a nice thump.
e didnt ask what you would do. go dtart your own thread idiot. 15" is too big for what HE is looking for. You know the guy that started the thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

OP
J

Jacob Taylor

I thibk that's what I'm gonna do...Thanks for the helps.

In most cases for quick cheap situations grab some cheap stock replacement speakers...then grab a 200-500 watt amp and throw a 10" woofer in the back.
If you really need a person to point out everything then your best bet is to pay up the extra cash and let a local shop help you and have it done right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds