Some Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

poisoned10
10+ year member

Richmond
There is a local guy that is selling his SA-12 that he re-coned to handle 1500 watts rms in a box tuned to 30hz for $240.

I'm considering buying it and selling my L7 but I had a few questions first.

1 - If he did indeed re-cone it, what is the best way to tell other than throwing 1500 watts at it and seeing how it responds?

2 - How can I tell if the re-cone job was done right and is quality work?

I'm thinking $240 for sub and box might be too good of a deal and he seemed VERY eager to sell it and really for no reason. He kept telling me to name a price and he would probably accept. So it all seems a little sketchy to me.

But if I can check it out and everything looks bueno then I'll probably get it.

So, any advice when I check it out?

HE re-coned it, or did he have it reconed? Ask for a details, but go with your gut
His text said "I" re-coned it. So I'm assuming he did it himself.

My gut is telling me it seems too sketchy. So I probably won't do it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Yea, he's Googling I sh bro... i'd walk
Exactly what I was thinking.

If he reconed it himself, you would have gotten alot more info than, it handles 1500. How did he test that, how did he get TS specs, etc... sounds hella sketch bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.