Some advice

slayorktc
10+ year member

Live for bass!
Waldport
I have 2 Polk 12'' momo subs and they are in a sealed box. powered with a crunch amp 1000 watt. I want it louder. I know the crunch is under powering the subs. I have about 500 dollars to spend to upgrade it. I am putting it in a toyota t100 pickup. What would you advise for me to upgrade to?

Ported box and new amp are gonna be the best bet to get you louder with those subs. If you want you could sell what you have now and start all over depends on what you really wanna do.

Alright, you mean sell them on ebay? and what kinda amp would u suggest? and does it matter much about the size of wire? Like should i rewire my system with bigger wire?

It really wouldnt matter where you sold them if you wanted to. What size wire do you have installed right now? The amp would depend on if you decide to keep the subs and the voice coils that are on them.

i am not sure, but i just bought the kit from frys and its about 1/4 inch in diameter.. im not really sure... and about the amp, i am thinking about upgraden the subs to a couple 15'' Type r alpines or something similiar to that.

Hey man, I think with 500$ you should get yourself 2 12" type Rs in a ported box, 4 cubic feet tuned to 32 hz. then run a hifonics bxi1606d. giving your subs 800wrms each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.