So what's so bad about Pyramid?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bootleg
10+ year member

Got Adire?
I recently bought a Pyramid PB580 and it works great, I actualy would recomend it to a friend. Am I misleading anyone that seeks my opinion or have I just inherited an incredible amount of beginers luck? Any responses/opinions would be appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I've been pushing some good decibles out since I got it and it's never gotten over 115 degrees, why do you don't abuse them? Something I should know about them for future reference?

welp they are not (for the most part) the most duable amps going. look at the pc board and the components on it. that is a sure sign that it isnt as "good" as a rockford amp but they do fill a nitch. propperly set gains into noramal loads they are fine amps for general listening...wont ever say they are great but just aint bad mobile authority and american hi-fi take my all "never should have been made" award

Well, I'm using it to push my 12" Volfenhag. The sub is rigged for dual 4 ohm operation and that's exactly what I'm doing. Bridged the Pyramid amp to push around 567.93 watts R.M.S. at the sub. The box is MDF grade plaster board (that's like concrete but with the acoustics of cherry wood) and is sealed. It has about .4 ci of air and sounds realy nice, I have to actualy roll my windows up and open the doors for full throttle runs so I don't break them in the doors. My question now is will the amp gie me solid performance for a decent amount of time? (i.e. at least a year or two?) I can deal with a minor burn out of a capacitor or digital delay on the main board but not a major over-haul. Any thoughts?

i really doubt it will "break" your windows my friend had 12 spl 160's in a tahoe with 12 amps on the subs and he never broke a thing but a radar detector that slapped the windshield. and my old car now does 162-164 db with 8 memphis 12's stock glass still all original

I'm seriously considering just throwing my system in my boat and buying a complete new one for my truck. I spent about $400 total on a 4ch amp and that Pyramid and the sub. And sudgestioins? (Budget buying, at or under $400?)

That's nice and I've found that for about $450. Though, I don't know what the Alpine's will take and I have a regular car Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (Flame Red, Cop magnet, twice in one day for the same ****ing thing, and sadly I'm very prideful of it) and am trying to get as much out of one sub for the least amount of coin.

Pyramids are not exactly known as quality subs. They pose a hazard to you and your car!!! Just kidding!!! Just don't over power them and you will be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.