so whats going on with ct sounds?

10521526_298618463643361_8204945057358023936_n.jpg

So the buildhouse is insolvent but they produced half a million dollars worth of amps and fronted him 180,000$ worth? Why are they only trying to leverage CT and not one of the other brand names they're building for? If this were me and the story is true, I'd be posting some copies of the payment records for the stolen products.

Of course it also begs the question, why use that buildhouse to begin with if the quality of their product is in question or if a better design could have been had elsewhere? As I understand it, China/Korea will build what you tell them to. Apart from some bait and switch shenanigans from some manufacturers generally if you specify certain components you'll get them and if you specify low cost you'll get cheap parts and low cost. Most of the boards they're using are known proven designs and simply requesting some higher quality parts or something shouldn't be difficult at all.

This looks very promising, particularly for group buys to save on shipping.

Of course this also makes you wonder, if Paul Kim is so desperate to make sales, why even deal with CT sounds at all? Just do this from the start and sell amps direct to consumers.

For the sake of argument, even if you buy a broken RD D9 amp for 430$ and it breaks right out of the box. 300$ for a repair and you're still at or under the price of comparable amps used. Seems a very good gamble.

why all this dogging on the 7k amp? Didn't Paul Kim say that CT sounds was advertising these amps to put out power they were not designed for?
Even if CT said they were 12k amp but Paul design them to only be a 4k, why are they going up on smoke? Sh1t if i was Paul and saw all these 7k amp go up on smoke I wouldn't be online posting this sh*t. He should be figuring out why the 7k amps are so ******.

Even if CT said they were 12k amp but Paul design them to only be a 4k, why are they going up on smoke? Sh1t if i was Paul and saw all these 7k amp go up on smoke I wouldn't be online posting this sh*t. He should be figuring out why the 7k amps are so ******.
The whole situation seems beyond customer satisfaction and product quality. I think Paul kim/coleman just want those amps gone quick. Forget fixing them, they just want their money back.

The problem is that Korean/Chinese class D circuit isn't reliable much over 2KW. Sure, some people get lucky but the more MOSFETS they try to drive with that circuit the more unreliable the amps become. People are still sucker enough to buy the XXV Sampson for well over that price used and those are known smoke generators. IMO if you're going to gamble on a far eastern amp that big you could do a lot worse for the money. If you want reliable, quality control, or a circuit that's not a decade or more old, you're not getting it delivered for a dime a watt.

This is the key reason these "companies" which are all just the same tired old Chinese junk in a different heat sink have to charge an 80% markup on the amps because they know they're going to eat a large quantity of warranty claims.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.