so is sundown worth the money

Agreed with Buck. The XFL has gone through 3 revisions in the last 10 years and it's better now for daily then previously. The XR model is basically the true daily version of the XFL but you lose a little bit of output.

I really like the XFL's. I've installed dozens of them, they just put in work.
glad to hear i waas kinda disappointed that i couldnt find sundown to even get ripped off on, instead just ppl wanting to rob me maybe next time? the resilient sounds look beastly too but same problem ones i could find were more expen then sun down

American Bass and SoundQubed have had suspiciously similar subs in the past, and I've noticed they've gotten away from the more super stiff and high Fs type woofer design, into more musical, slightly softer and lower Fs woofer designs. They seem to be getting out of the high 30's and into the 40's Fs and getting away from the 38-40 hz fart box type thinking and they're making their woofers play lower. The t/s have really changed for the better, IMO. I think you'll be happy.
i got them for 230 a pop which the comp in sun down the cheapest i could find was 379

Sundown is one of the best car audio subwoofer companies in the market. If my word means anything, Sundown is in my TOP 5 performing and high quality category. Whenever somebody tells me they have Sundowns that they need a design for, I tell them to bring it on, I know it's going to be loud as hell.

I used to work with a Sundown dealer doing box stuff, did many many E, SA, and X and occasional Z box. We literally never had one sound bad.

I have some of the highest respect for Sundown, as a sub company. Sundown is a trend-setter company. Companies that are just losers that like to Chinese clone everything, they clone Sundown. A lot of Sundown imitators around (Skar, cough, cough).

I watched Sundown develop into what it is now, while designing for their woofers over the past 10+ years. Sundown deserves all the praise they get. Jacob earned it, he put in work. Sundown is legit, they seem to love what they do.
so what are your other 4?

Well I pulled the trigger on the American bass xfl subs wanted to go sun down but couldn't find any 12s in stock anywhere except only when grosly over priced like 120 bucks more then everyone else asks per sub! I tried to purchase a cple different brands but same story so when I was actually able to get the 2 ohm dvc xfls I leaped, but I almost took the chance on the.seismic audio subs look to built tough I emailed them and they got right back to me I asked where man and what coil was made from cca or copper ans ans was China and copper they have 3incb coils ans cost about 150 piece super cheap I just couldn't find enough dirt on them ti take the risk.

What amp are you going to use on them?

What amp are you going to use on them?
Rockville dbcomp5, I know Rockville but I took the risk because I knew they had to make up for their sub mishaps and it was like 260 brand new 3500 watt and it is a beast I'm so glad I did I've been abusing it almost a year with no issues it's beautifully built heavy as hell loaded with features great Amp for real I'd put it up against any of the other companies In same watts class etc

Rockville dbcomp5, I know Rockville but I took the risk because I knew they had to make up for their sub mishaps and it was like 260 brand new 3500 watt and it is a beast I'm so glad I did I've been abusing it almost a year with no issues it's beautifully built heavy as hell loaded with features great Amp for real I'd put it up against any of the other companies In same watts class etc

O.k., I'm wondering how many watts it really puts out. I was going to recommend the Sundown SIA3500.

so what are your other 4?
For SPL companies that do both amps and subs you'll find brands like Sundown, DC, Incriminator, and Digital Designs as very highly regarded. Only serious complaints you'll hear from those 4 are price.

For SQ brands you'll see alot of love for brands like Hertz/Audison, Mosconi/Gladen, Audio Dynamics, Illusion Audio, Audiofrog.....ect

Last edited:
O.k., I'm wondering how many watts it really puts out. I was going to recommend the Sundown SIA3500.
It's comes with a certified like born on sheet like fosgate used to do and at 1 ohm it was over 3500 watts like I said nothing cheap about this Amp other then price I was very impressed and like I said only took the risk because I figured they had to make it up to their customers for those shitty subs

It's comes with a certified like born on sheet like fosgate used to do and at 1 ohm it was over 3500 watts like I said nothing cheap about this Amp other then price I was very impressed and like I said only took the risk because I figured they had to make it up to their customers for those shitty subs

I'm running the SIA3500 in two different vehicles and I'm impressed with it. I'm running one @ 1 ohm and one @ 2 ohms. I hope the Rockville works out for you and is a good amp. I just don't hear about too many people running Rockville amps.

I just saw a dyno on the amp that shows to be 3800+ certified 1 ohm. Has Tiffany style inputs and a volt meter built in. Honestly not a bad choice for a lot of cheap power. I did also watch Rockville’s video in their Sentra and omg it was so corny. That guy is a hype guy but it’s not even believable. That sub was barely moving and omg “he could feel it in his chest”

I'm running the SIA3500 in two different vehicles and I'm impressed with it. I'm running one @ 1 ohm and one @ 2 ohms. I hope the Rockville works out for you and is a good amp. I just don't hear about too many people running Rockville amps.
Lol me either trust that but o figured they had do something or just fold up so I'm like I bet they put into their amps and like I said for 260 bucks I was like who cares gotta remember I'm from a time when Amps were about one dollar per watt! So 260 for 3500 no Brainerd even if only half tru but like I said it just feels like quality it's got weight was beautifully. Packed Rockville lights up in electric blue across the top of smp also has a built in volt meter that tells you how many volts ur sending the Amp it goes up n down constantly like it should I checked it against volt meter n it was dead on came with high end bass kmob much better then I've seen from other companies even though I don't use one it was still nice to get ohh the knob also can turn Amp on n off I ran two hx2s at 2 ohms and had gains subsonic bass everything half or less and I never heard them subs hit notes like they did and low felt like it was stealing the air out of ur lungs I finally just blew one of them the other day that why I was looking for subs I never planned on keeping them I just couldn't pass them up like mint condition along with 2 custom boxes for 100 bucks! I am gonna recoil them both and put in something down the road was really impressed with the notes they produced

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...