so is sundown worth the money

Lol me either trust that but o figured they had do something or just fold up so I'm like I bet they put into their amps and like I said for 260 bucks I was like who cares gotta remember I'm from a time when Amps were about one dollar per watt! So 260 for 3500 no Brainerd even if only half tru but like I said it just feels like quality it's got weight was beautifully. Packed Rockville lights up in electric blue across the top of smp also has a built in volt meter that tells you how many volts ur sending the Amp it goes up n down constantly like it should I checked it against volt meter n it was dead on came with high end bass kmob much better then I've seen from other companies even though I don't use one it was still nice to get ohh the knob also can turn Amp on n off I ran two hx2s at 2 ohms and had gains subsonic bass everything half or less and I never heard them subs hit notes like they did and low felt like it was stealing the air out of ur lungs I finally just blew one of them the other day that why I was looking for subs I never planned on keeping them I just couldn't pass them up like mint condition along with 2 custom boxes for 100 bucks! I am gonna recoil them both and put in something down the road was really impressed with the notes they produced

I'm from a time when I was paying $500 for 440 watts. My first real system was in 1989 and cost me $4,500 then. I think that's about $11,000 these days. Good luck! My AM/FM cd player cost me $550 and it still skipped. My subs were dual 8 ohm Rockford pro series 12's wired to two ohms. They cost $380 each in 1989. I'm old.

I'm from a time when I was paying $500 for 440 watts. My first real system was in 1989 and cost me $4,500 then. I think that's about $11,000 these days. Good luck! My AM/FM cd player cost me $550 and it still skipped. My subs were dual 8 ohm Rockford pro series 12's wired to two ohms. They cost $380 each in 1989. I'm old.
Lol I'm there with ya I had mtx blue thunder pros that I I paid just under 300 each for fosgate Amp n ran advent and infinity comps off a hifonics amp.lol yea everything was expensive

I just saw a dyno on the amp that shows to be 3800+ certified 1 ohm. Has Tiffany style inputs and a volt meter built in. Honestly not a bad choice for a lot of cheap power. I did also watch Rockville’s video in their Sentra and omg it was so corny. That guy is a hype guy but it’s not even believable. That sub was barely moving and omg “he could feel it in his chest”
Yeah def corny and their are definitely many you tube videos of their subs smoking and nor even half the claimed watts they could handle so I had written then off until thus Amp popped up on my .Amazon I went back n forth for week before holding my breath and hitting the button but as I said I'm glad I did they def did tight by the consumer with this line

Video I saw said Korean build (I didn’t confirm) but if that’s true, that’s a good sign.

Korean amps take up room. So some people have to take into account size and hopefully (part) Korean. SIA is the only one that I've found so far. Kind of a Korean full bridge mix with a small platform. SFB = no, SIA = great at 1 or 2 ohm.

I’m just saying that if Rockville is actually using Korean builds then that’s a good sign. I’ll never buy one but good for the budget minded person.

Yes , they're well worth the $ !
Yeah I agree why apend 300 more to get same power with no better sound not supporting your country? If you type person likes to waste their money then by all means but ya know **** I originally had in my head I was getting taramps but was talked out of by few different ppl saying something bout not being designed for our market what that means I haven't clue but started looking at different companies and foundry the Rockville il take cplw pics for under 300 I don't know how anyone can down play it and I use my system it's not their for competitions and long drive Sundays so my.equip gets abused I like loud bass! If it can take what I give it for that monx''
Yes , they're well worth the $ !
OK well my new subs came last night night wow talk about fast shipping.....anyhow my question is how and for how long is break in period

Taramps is a full bridge design which is becoming very popular. Not being designed for our market makes no sense. Sundown is pushing the full bridge game hard and having good results.

I also don’t agree with the wasting money take. Everyone has their own budget and you do pay more for quality. For instance, you have the Rockville 3k for $300 and the Incriminator 3k for $769. Both made in Korea but far far far different insides.

For instance, you have the Rockville 3k for $300 and the Incriminator 3k for $769.
As the Chinese who almost undoubtedly built that Rockville amp would say "一分钱一分货".

There's several reasons why Sundown or Incriminator amps cost more than Rockville and none of them involve a greedy fat man in a tophat smoking cigars surrounded by bags full of money.

Yeah I agree why apend 300 more to get same power with no better sound not supporting your country? If you type person likes to waste their money then by all means
This is extremely arrogant view. Those higher end Korean boards (Sundown, DD, Incriminator) have higher efficency ratings, do rated power at 12V (where the knockoffs require 14.8) and can be wired down to .5 ohms instead of 1.

Those 3 things alone where talking about 30-40% more power and that doesn't even factor in that the capicators, heatsinks, and terminals are built to endure abuse for over a decade..........

To classify something that's clearly longer lasting and more powerful as "uhh your wasting your money" is narrow thinking. Alot of people that buy higher-end product run them 10-15 years where these cheap knockouts people go through 2 or 3 amps during that same timeframe (thus there not saving any money in the long run)

There's several reasons why Sundown or Incriminator amps cost more than Rockville and none of them involve a greedy fat man in a tophat smoking cigars surrounded by bags full of money.
Yeah I love the whole "uhh JL, DD, Incriminator, and Sundown are ripoffs that are stealing money from you" and then you go on the classified and see a 15 year old DD amp for sale that still works perfect and everyone wants...... (meanwhile all these knockoff CT Sound and DB Drive amps are all catching fire after a couple years of use).

Last edited:
Taramps is a full bridge design which is becoming very popular. Not being designed for our market makes no sense. Sundown is pushing the full bridge game hard and having good results.

I also don’t agree with the wasting money take. Everyone has their own budget and you do pay more for quality. For instance, you have the Rockville 3k for $300 and the Incriminator 3k for $769. Both made in Korea but far far far different insides.
I would have to agree with getting back into the game from a 20 year absence I had to take what ppl told me while trying to research on my own what was what

This is extremely arrogant view. Those higher end Korean boards (Sundown, DD, Incriminator) have higher efficency ratings, do rated power at 12V (where the knockoffs require 14.8) and can be wired down to .5 ohms instead of 1.

Those 3 things alone where talking about 30-40% more power and that doesn't even factor in that the capicators, heatsinks, and terminals are built to endure abuse for over a decade..........

To classify something that's clearly longer lasting and more powerful as "uhh your wasting your money" is narrow thinking. Alot of people that buy higher-end product run them 10-15 years where these cheap knockouts people go through 2 or 3 amps during that same timeframe (thus there not saving any money in the long run)

Yeah I love the whole "uhh JL, DD, Incriminator, and Sundown are ripoffs that are stealing money from you" and then you go on the classified and see a 15 year old DD amp for sale that still works perfect and everyone wants...... (meanwhile all these knockoff CT Sound and DB Drive amps are all catching fire after a couple years of use).
I was simply stating if that was the case all things being equal then why spend more money just for the name you being snobby trying to make something more out of what I said then actually was stated if you have time to do that's that's on you

But that’s the issue, all thing are not equal. 3k watts is not just 3k watts.
I get that so if that's the not the case then you weigh the plus minus my original statement just meant all things being equal then why pay money for the name that's all I was saying nothing more was meant by it if they are not equal the that's a whole different thing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...