so is sundown worth the money

yeah i can do that for ya as soon as i figure out how i think i should be able take pic with phone and hopefully go from there to here
the thing that did crack me up bout the amp was everywhere it says competition class d amp etc etc 3500w rms then they give you the test sheet showing they tested at 1ohm etc but when you read the manual it says they dont suggest you run the amp at 1ohm lol what kinda **** is that? cover their ass **** i guess but im running at 2ohm so i didnt worry bout it an it was just a starting point amp to get me back in the game when it goes i wont cry over it il step up to a better quality amp

the thing that did crack me up bout the amp was everywhere it says competition class d amp etc etc 3500w rms then they give you the test sheet showing they tested at 1ohm etc but when you read the manual it says they dont suggest you run the amp at 1ohm lol what kinda **** is that? cover their ass **** i guess but im running at 2ohm so i didnt worry bout it an it was just a starting point amp to get me back in the game when it goes i wont cry over it il step up to a better quality amp
also i see that they now want 399 for the amp on amazon i think i paid like 260 or 280 bout a year ago i wouldnt have paid 4 for thier name thats for sure.

I remember buying Z15s for $200

I miss the old Z's, I forget which version exactly, but the Z's that the 18's needed 4 cubes net ported, I really like those. I wish Sundown would bring a softer, powerful, lower Mms type woofer with a strong motor like they do so well. I would really love that as a designer.

Got an SIA 3500 to play around with for my first full bridge amplifier. I was pretty impressed with the output. The crossovers on the amp aren’t great though, I would suggest a dsp or using the built in crossover in most modern head units.

I miss the old Z's, I forget which version exactly, but the Z's that the 18's needed 4 cubes net ported, I really like those. I wish Sundown would bring a softer, powerful, lower Mms type woofer with a strong motor like they do so well. I would really love that as a designer.
I'm talking about the original Z. Was just the Z15 then. I had four of them. Great sub.

Got an SIA 3500 to play around with for my first full bridge amplifier. I was pretty impressed with the output. The crossovers on the amp aren’t great though, I would suggest a dsp or using the built in crossover in most modern head units.

So u bought them both from the yardsale page on sundown website?

Same mine are hidden underneath a huge panel. Just drilled two 1" holes on either side to run the wires and it works perfectly and it allows the air to flow right in as well.

Rockville dbcomp5, I know Rockville but I took the risk because I knew they had to make up for their sub mishaps and it was like 260 brand new 3500 watt and it is a beast I'm so glad I did I've been abusing it almost a year with no issues it's beautifully built heavy as hell loaded with features great Amp for real I'd put it up against any of the other companies In same watts class etc
I have one new open box still with warranty and everything trying to sell just upgraded to a Subdown 8k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...