So im getting screwed over? PIC!!!

i remember Dave from from RE doin a recone on an H2 awhile back.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

You never, ever ship a sub in just "peanuts" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
I'm suprised no one else thought of this... anyone that's bought/sold woofers should know that they move around A LOT in just peanuts, even if you pack it tight. It should have been packed with a woofer box (multi layered cardboard with a circular cutout, like new woofers come in) or some thick ass paper PACKED in there, so it can't move at all.

Not sayin that's why it broke, but its definitely possible.

I agree that you should take him up on his warranty - to be honest, he doesn't even have to do that much, he could just be like "sorry" and disappear. WARRANTY THAT SH*T.

You never, ever ship a sub in just "peanuts" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
i bought an L7 that was shipped to me in peanuts... it looked pretty good (except for the fact that some of the peanuts had melted and stuck to the mounting gasket and magnet boot).

I tested the coils... they were good... then i looked at the spider... 3 BIG rips, 1 went almost all the way around the spider...

so yeah... a spider can definitely get ripped due to bad packaging...

a spider will take a hell of alot of force before ripping, and its only going to rip from actually moving the cone too far...

so, unless someone basically stood on the cone, I dont see how a spider could get damaged due to poor handeling (drop a sub, and the magnet will get knocked off, but the spider will still be fine) and I cant see how packing peanuts could rip a spider either

my mag was shipped to me in only a cardboard box with packing peanuts... nothing is wrong with it? i also bought an orion 1200d bnib from rawdog. he gave me a great price on it, and he shipped it priority when i figured he would do regular mail. he's a standup guy in my books. let him warranty it for you so you can get it back the right way.

I don't see how the spider would rip without damaging the cone in the process. The only real way that could have happened in shipping is if something VERY heavy was centered on the cone of the woofer, in which case, I'd imagine it would crack the cone.

IIRC, Orion does not fix these, they send out new ones, but I may be mistaken. Ask him about he warranty process, as I'm pretty sure Orion never actually fixed these woofers.

Yes he is offering a warranty. This makes me think that he sent the subwoofer out damaged just to get a sale. Sure he will warranty it thats no big deal now that hes got my money in his hands. He is not able to sell the other one so he is desperate to keep the sale not refund. There is no way shipping it could have done that to the spider. The box is in almost perfect condition, there is no possible way something heavy could have been set on top of it. It had to be over powered and sent this way. He sent me a message saying this-

"i have been with orion for 3 years now.

i have had 2 12's , 4 15's and now 4 12's

the 2 12's in my trunk car got to 148.9db with 2 orion 2500d's

the 4 15's same car but with a wall and 4 d5000's got to a 152.0db

the 4 12's are now in a van not walled off and 2 d5000's and they are doing a 148.2db at 45hz but i just put it together.

any other questions just ask i will help when i can.

all score have always been on a termlab and legal."

Makes me wonder if one of the woofers i have was hooked up to 1 of the d5000 amps? These woofers are recommended to only take 2000 watts rms. He was putting over double that to them. ??????? Wonder why that spider is ripped?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.