so how many cubes for l7 15"

on1wheel01
10+ year member

Bang A Lang
well I've been searching and found may answers kicker says 3 to 6 ported. some say go 4.5 some say 6 and then some say larger than 6. Im looking for pure insane loudness not really spl i will not be competing just want to hit hard and get nasty loud. amp will be rockford 1200 for now. car is acura 97 cl what says you.

ok so how does this look and sound what changes do i need to make if any if someone wants to take the time and look at it that would be awesome

total port length 35.75 square port diameter 9.07 square port area 64.75 square port volume internal 2314.8 square port volume displaced 2336.5 box volume 5.031 ft3 box volume 8694.06 tuned frequency 28.59 box width 28 height 20 depth 24/24 thickness 0.75 square port width 3.5 square port length 10

kickerl7box.jpg

I am wondering if I need to make the port bigger maybe 4.5 to get the freq up or port length longer than 10 or shorter ahh i have no clue. And is the 5.03 volume after the woofer or before does it need to be larger blahh help

I have one in 4 cubes tuned to 38hz. It beats hard in the tacoma. Dash moves up and down about 1/2 inch on some screwed and chopped songs. Steering wheel shakes. Doesn't sound that bad on rock songs. I had one in 6 cubes tuned to 32hz. It beat much harder in a ford explorer.

Ok well the re calculator said the volume is 5 i assume thats total before woofer how much do i loose with wood and sub and what not , hard deciding how big to make it as everyone says something different, and should the port be 3.5 4 4.5 how wide what is the difference is sound ? and the l port wall how long should it be and does that affect sound much right now it's at 10" and tuned to 28 i wonder if thats to low

im gettin ready to start my box next week so i got in touch with a kicker rep and he said to tune it at 32 to 34hz. your box looks almost identical to mine, 28 width,18height,22depth,4x10 port 33.56hz. i may make my box a little taller and wider like yours hopefully someone will chime in and give us some info

A really large box is going to play flatter and be more musical, but you'll sacrifice output and power handling. However, you'll gain efficiency.

There's really no point in tuning at 28 unless you listen to nothing but songs that peak in the 30's.

ok but now my main ? is how wide to make the port 3,3.5 4 4.5? my last box was 3.5 and how long to make the port wall length (the l bend of it )is 10" good shorter longer? and how much affect does tboth have especially on tuning and sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.