Small box Kicker vs Kenwood...

Yea, I was originally thinking about the Pioneers, but that was only because they were the only ones out (except for the Xtec10 and SQ10), but I decided to wait when I heard about Kicker's and RF's shallows coming out. Kicker was the winner for me, but then I heard about the Kenwood Excelon's and couldn't decide, because the eXcelon definitely looks nice, but I've never used any Kenwood products before, or even heard them AFAIK. I have heard Kicker, but not too much, but I do know they make quality products.

The excelons are a lot better looking than the Kickers, im not sure if this is an issue to you but it is to me.

Id get the Kickers just because of their good reputation for subs, kenwoods rep for subs is not all that great, and RF just doesnt deliver any more, at least the 06 line didnt.

No way I'd get JL anyway, too much $$$

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the CVTs, they seem like the best bet. I do wish they weren't so fugly though (which is why I was liking the Kenwood's so much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif)

Kicker. They handle abuse MUCH better. You, being from Walker, wont buy it to look at it. I know you'll prolly bang the hell out of them. Kicker CVTs actually get deeper than the Kenwoods. The Kenwood subs do sound really good, and A LOT better than Pioneer's flat subs. So, I'd say get the CVTs.

I just pulled my 3 PowerBass Xtreme subs out, and I am going back to a downfire under seat box, and I will most likely get kicker subs again. Just not sure if I want the CVR, CVT, or CVX. I can drive ANY of them, just not 100% certain on which will sound best.

(if you ride by Musso's, check on a probox for a 2005 silverado ext cab. I want the price on it)

i have two kenwood 10's 2511's and they play perfectly fine in my custom made

1cuft per box. i have them running off an alpine mrp-850 putting 400watts to each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.