slot port

Participant count
  • Participant list

jbl_marshall21
10+ year member

important person
nebraska
ok thinking slot port right now. now i have never done a slot port but how hard could it be. o well anyways i have outer deminisions of 36/16/27 which comes to a total internal volume of 7.38^ft3. what i want is about 3 cubes per sub after the port displacement and sub displacement. i was thinking something tuned around 27 or so. i think this is still a low enough tuning that i won't need a ssf. what ever size of port u guys think would work best then that is what i will probaly do. thank you in advance. i'm lost without u box geniuses.

its easier to make the port on the end of the box, and just use the side as part of it. and make it how ever tall your box is, and then figure out how wide and deep it is

yea using the wall for the side of port would be easier. but this box is gonna be for style and ****. i think atleast. i was thinking about putting a port in the middle in between the subs. put some mirrors in the port cuz i'm gonna have some neons in there and be blingin. i wish i knew how to use winisd pro but i don't so if any of u guys could help me out it would be really appreciated. thanks

bump plz guys help me. i'm so desperate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

So you have 36 x 16 x 27 inches to work with.

You want 3 cu ft per sub after displacements.

Tuning @27Hz with center mounted square port.

What is the displacement of each of your subs?

What side of the box do you want the subs?

the 16" side?

the 27" side?

well i want it on the 36" side. so you have some room to work with. i have never done a slot port so i don't know how wide i should make the slot port or anything. i'm guessing the displacement is about .3 for each sub. thanks for helpin

well i want it on the 36" side. so you have some room to work with. i have never done a slot port so i don't know how wide i should make the slot port or anything. i'm guessing the displacement is about .3 for each sub. thanks for helpin
WOW! .3 cu ft. per sub!

My eD 15 is only .08 cu ft.

What subs do you have? I think .3 cu ft. is a little high.

The box will be about 36" wide. That means your subs will be mounted either on the 16" side B or 27" side A.

Which side would you want the subs and the port to be on?

Look at this picture.

****'t i'm so dumb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif anyways the displacement is .072. i just said .3 cuz i remember somebody saying something about .3 or .03. couldn't remember.

i would like the subs and port on side A (36/16) if there is room. i'm pretty sure it will fit. thanks for helping me out.

there the pioneer ts-304c 12"s

most watts i would ever run to each of them would be 380 rms.

It'll be alright man. Everyone has those days. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You're sure you want 3 cu ft. per sub? Is that what Pioneer reccomends for a ported enclosure?

Just curious.

Also, you want the port to be in the center. Between the subs?

I'll work on some figures and give you some drawings tomorrow.

Can you come up with any drawings or sketches to illustrate the basic idea you have for this box?

They might help me make sure I design something you'll like.

Does this look like what you want?

yea that picture is perfectly what i want. yea i was going towards 3^ft per sub for the spl. i think recommended is like 1.3 but hey who goes by that anyway.

uh we can make the deminsions smaller if the subs and port displacement don't get it down to 6^ft3. cuz 3 is plenty for each sub.

3 cu ft. per sub is going to give you a large peak above tuning feq.

Which is great for SPL!! But stray too far above or below the tuning freq. and the output will drop off big time. Which is bad for SQ.

Just something to think about.

I have a single 15 slot ported in a large box. It sounds great around the tuning freq, but play something with higher bass that is above the tuning freq and the output is very limited. And the loss of that higher octave of bass energy can diminish the sonic impact of many recordings. And the high output around the tuning freq can be quite overwhelming and unrealistic on some recordings, giving the music a muddy bassed out sound. Enclosures with large peaks have advantages and disadvantages. Just depends on what type of sound you're after.

If your looking for sheer volume at expense of SQ, go with the 3 cuft.

But if you want a flatter more balanced sound try 1.5 - 2.25 cu ft.

I'll try to work on some numbers tomorrow for you.

for the 3 cu ft per sub enclosure tuned@27Hz.

BTW what types of music do you listen to most often?

so u think 3 is too much. i understand what ur saying about 3 cubes. well i do want good sq. so what did it say about 2.5? i want it as big as i can get without losing the sq. i'm saying a ratio of 70sq/30spl. so if i have to go like 2.25 for each then i will. i just wanted it to be louder than what i had. how much displacement will the port probaly take?

anyways to make the deminsions smaller i have chosen 36w/15h/20d. if u need to change something to get it the right size change the depth.

i'll take 2.5 if u think it will still sound good. other wise 2.25 is fine. were u talking 2.25 after port displacement? thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.