Central Region Slamology 2018 roll call

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
We walked around, did meca, sat in the wrong line for an hour and a half lol. I got a sick demo of 30 vfl audio 10s in a clamshell 4th order. Guy said it was at least a 160. We are back at the hotel cooling down. I'm amazed at how many vehicles were trailered in and 3/4 of the people there had walls.
I was waiting to get a listen on that one and the guy shut it down right when it would have been my turn. Crazy door and windshield flex on that bad boy.

I was waiting to get a listen on that one and the guy shut it down right when it would have been my turn. Crazy door and windshield flex on that bad boy.
It knocked the wind out of me a few mins in lol i had to tap. I forgot to ask what kind of power he had on those things. He said clamshells are calculated like a 4th order but didn't say much about how the angle affects it. He said he just guessed and it worked well.

It knocked the wind out of me a few mins in lol i had to tap. I forgot to ask what kind of power he had on those things. He said clamshells are calculated like a 4th order but didn't say much about how the angle affects it. He said he just guessed and it worked well.
Silver caravan wasn’t it? I think I have a pic of his amp rack

Silver caravan wasn’t it? I think I have a pic of his amp rack
Yea we went back today and it was pouring. I think he had at least 2 ab vfl 500.1s back there.

The parking lot is flooded and i was 100% soaked from the knees down after 15mins lol. We didnt bring hoodies or warm clothes so we called it a day.

Yea we went back today and it was pouring. I think he had at least 2 ab vfl 500.1s back there.
The parking lot is flooded and i was 100% soaked from the knees down after 15mins lol. We didnt bring hoodies or warm clothes so we called it a day.
Yeah I didn’t even try to go today. Looked like it was gonna be ****** out. I just looked at my pics and that guy had two AB VFL 750.1’s

Wow thats a very efficient setup, 2 750.1s is less than 20kw. That thing was crazy loud for that little power. I'm still amazed at how loud that thing was, that was the loudest demo I've ever had. My gf said i was only in there a minute and a half, it felt like twice that long lol.

Is this the Caravan from Ontario? If so, I heard it from the outside and it was awesome. He shut it down before I could get a chance to demo in it.

Is this the Caravan from Ontario? If so, I heard it from the outside and it was awesome. He shut it down before I could get a chance to demo in it.
Yeah that’s the one. He did the same thing to me. He was banging on it for a while and then they threw a sensor in and metered it real quick and he shut it down before I could sit in it

The Orion booth was pretty nice, Kicker was a joke lol, PRVs tower of speakers absolutely screamed and the Brazilian brands had so much loud distorted treble when you were on axis it was awful. That was the first time I went to a show that large with all the vendors and their vans with fold out tower arrays lol.
How did MMATS Pro Audio booth do?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.