skar vvx10-v3 1.75@32hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

pathfinderone

started experimenting with boxes, made a sealed enclosure for this woof at 1.25f^3 and it sounds pretty dang good. subs starting to break in now and really making a lot more noise! im digging it. first time experience with a real nice sub. I want to try making a ported box for it and then go from there depending on which one I like. ultimately I want to make a dual 10 box for two of these things. ive got it powered off a jbl 5501 amp and its doing pretty good. anyways pretty much looking for a second opinion on these box specs I have found to match the box specs on the enclosure specs on the website.

Vehicle : jeep cherokee

Location in the vehicle: trunk area

Space available (Length x Width x Height): lol a lot

Subwoofer make and model: skar audio vvx10v3

Subwoofer Size: 10"

Number of Subwoofers: 1 for now

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot for sure

What type of music do you like?: all of it... mainly metal and EDM..

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday music with some pants sh***ing loudness if necessary

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32hz

Volume : 1.75

Questions: question is this, here are my box specs ive came up with. do they match up and do you think I could improve them at all?

width: 23.5 height: 14 depth: 17

sub displacement .15, MDF width .75, hopefully port width of 1.5 and height of 12.5 with depth of 25

net volume 1.74

gross volume 2.47

tuning 31.9

port area 18.75

im making a slot port box and hopefully these dimensions are correct. can you guys see anything wrong? ive been researching as much as I can and I feel pretty confident about this.. and its as close to skars specs as possible. mainly trying to compare this sub with a sealed box vs a ported box and Id like the building experience. any advice? thanks guys!!

Thatd be cool, really in looking to understand everything a little more but i dont want to burn myself out researching and going crazy with everything. What did you have in mind?

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Oh dang! Well how far south are you? Maybe meetup and have a beers and bs about this?

Thatd be cool, really in looking to understand everything a little more but i dont want to burn myself out researching and going crazy with everything. What did you have in mind? 

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Oh dang! Well how far south are you? Maybe meetup and have a beers and bs about this?
Smokey Joint. I mean Point

Are you sure you need 1.75 NET for a 10?

I've got a 3" coil 10 in barely over a cube net with round ports. Tuning in the low 30's.

It slams.

I would think an xfl might like that much space, but vvx???? I'm not so sure.

thatd be a pretty quick trip down for sure.

so about the specs I posted, do they seem legit? id be looking at having to put a corner in the box for the port since its longer than the box is deep. would that be an issue? should I calculate everything differently based on that? anything I should be looking for?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Are you sure you need 1.75 NET for a 10?
I've got a 3" coil 10 in barely over a cube net with round ports. Tuning in the low 30's.

It slams.

I would think an xfl might like that much space, but vvx???? I'm not so sure.
not sure, thats why I posted here lol. the spec sheet for the sub enclosure recomends 1.75. id like to stay within specs but if theres something better I could do im all ears.

Be careful with Skar's recommended boxes if you got any REAL power... anybody remember the crud I went through with mine?.. I suggest you model them first to avoid compression, unless you like smelly coils... LOL!.. It may not apply to VVX series but better safe than sorry...

Be careful with Skar's recommended boxes if you got any REAL power... anybody remember the crud I went through with mine?.. I suggest you model them first to avoid compression, unless you like smelly coils... LOL!.. It may not apply to VVX series but better safe than sorry...
any suggestion on modeling programs?

If you give it a minute someone might help... I'm not going to step on it ...LOL!... I can model it ... but am only learning... so I'll leave THAT to the more experienced members... I'll only warn you to check the Skar specs and list your ACTUAL amp/load... not what the amp claims it'll put out!

get buck to help ya out

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

right on, ill have to measure my actual output. the sub is wired to 2ohms with a final load of 3.5ohms at the leads going into the amp. ill try and get more info..
That's box rise for ya....quite a bit to.

I'll tell ya' that right off I see a potential problem... 18 in2 of port sounds low... as I stated... have patience...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.