box design

Participant count
  • Participant list
[quote name='jersyn82']I need a box design for a fi btl neo n2 15". Can only have 16.5" tall and 32" length. Have 2 4" aeroport to use. Only going to be running 1500w. If you need anymore info please ask. Thanks[/QUOTE]
@Buck can help u if he's around..

How does 32Lx23Wx16.5H. With displacement and 2 4" aeroports at 8" long puts it right at 5.4cu. and 32hz. How does that sound

Its a catch 22... you want more volume to compensate for lack of power, but being neo, going over 5 cubes with only 2 aeros is going to make your rise absurd. Im talking like 1ohm nominal and 6 reactive.

What music do you listen to, and what are your primary goals?

Its a catch 22... you want more volume to compensate for lack of power, but being neo, going over 5 cubes with only 2 aeros is going to make your rise absurd. Im talking like 1ohm nominal and 6 reactive.
What music do you listen to, and what are your primary goals?
Sound quality, just good tight bass. I'm wondering if I should just trade it or save for an alternator. I listen to a little of everything.

If sq is main concern, rise is irrelevant. It will still sound fine on 1500w.

Id worry that 5.4 would make it a little bottom heavy and boomy on the low end.

Are you looking for a flatter response?

If sq is main concern, rise is irrelevant. It will still sound fine on 1500w.
Id worry that 5.4 would make it a little bottom heavy and boomy on the low end.

Are you looking for a flatter response?
I can definitely go smaller, 4 cu. would be perfect but everyone told me bigger is better pretty much

I ended up finding specs. Fi says 3-5cu on the 15. TS were pretty close to what i expected.

I'll stick with my previous rec of 4.25 @32 or 33

I ended up finding specs. Fi says 3-5cu on the 15. TS were pretty close to what i expected.
I'll stick with my previous rec of 4.25 @32 or 33
Thanks for the help... If boomsday doesn't get a hold of me by tomorrow I'll build to those specs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.