Skar vs Rockford

The hate is geared towards the owner and not really the products. The products are off the shelf China/Korea offerings that they order from a catalog. The owner scammed a lot of people and is not trustworthy. He may have changed but the damage here was done.

I also find it funny that he just copies what sundown does and tries his hardest to have his product look like sundown clones.

That shows how new I am coming back into car audio after many years away from the game. I didn't know any of that regarding skar. There is so much out there now and if you're not neck deep in what's going on it would be very tough to make an educated decision on what to buy.

I’ve done a lot of enclosures for rockford over the years. The P3 is a good sub. Not my choice, but it’s a solid sub. In my experience, they like sealed boxes better. I’ve done some in ported enclosures, and they did perform well, but I found that it needed very low port tuning to get decent flat output. I didn’t personally like the way the lower end bass seemed so much louder than the higher end of the bass spectrum in a ported box, but a whole lot of people did seem to like it. i never had a customer complaint no matter what box I put them in, so alot of it just comes down to personal taste I suppose.

idk about today's rockford p subs but when i was installing some and designing, the punch subs just weren't impressive at all. both memphis and rockford are overpriced. i'd rather buy a q power deluxe than a rockford p sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.