Skar going into protective mode

Most gm vehicles have what's called voltage regulator my car has it. When battery is at 80% alternator cuts off n car runs on 12.9v it goes up once wipers are on, or headlights, or battery falls below 80% it's the voltage regulator negative wire I kept it unplugged so voltage could've stayed at 14.5 or so I thought which it shows on the dash. Now it's 68v ac and 14.6v dc with car running since I plug the voltage regulator negative back on the battery, I shut the car off 3 mins ago dmm shows 12.99v dc on + and - on amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most gm vehicles have what's called voltage regulator my car has it. When battery is at 80% alternator cuts off n car runs on 12.9v it goes up once wipers are on, or headlights, or battery falls below 80% it's the voltage regulator negative wire I kept it unplugged so voltage could've stayed at 14.5 or so I thought which it shows on the dash. Now it's 68v ac and 14.6v dc with car running since I plug the voltage regulator negative back on the battery, I shut the car off 3 mins ago dmm shows 12.99v dc on + and - on amp

then why is the amp reading 16 volts. Could be a fked up battery or something as well.

then why is the rear reading 16 volts.
Because I disabled the voltage regulator. when the battery is at 80% the voltage will drop on the dash to 12.9-13.3 or so with it connected, gm did this to "save fuel" I'm calling bs on it n it drives some bassheads crazy one minute u can have extra power @14.4 next min you're at 13.3, but I read it online the alternator will kick back on once battery dips below 80%, lights on, or wipers on yea crazy I know

Because I disabled the voltage regulator. when the battery is at 80% the voltage will drop on the dash to 12.9-13.3 or so with it connected, gm did this to "save fuel" I'm calling bs on it n it drives some bassheads crazy one minute u can have extra power @14.4 next min you're at 13.3, but I read it online the alternator will kick back on once battery dips below 80%, lights on, or wipers on yea crazy I know

you'll need to control the voltages somehow because 16 volts on a brazilian is asking for major fire starting trouble. For now Just put the regulator back on. taramps was meant to work in the 12 to 14.4 volt range. Most competitors in brazil keep at 12 to 12.8 volts without any issues. They are battery focused rather than high charging voltage focused like how Americans are however they are way louder.

you'll need to control the voltages somehow because 16 volts on a brazilian is asking for major fire starting trouble. For now Just put the regulator back on. taramps was meant to work in the 12 to 14.4 volt range. Most competitors in brazil keep at 12 to 12.8 volts without any issues. They are battery focused rather than high charging voltage focused like how Americans are however they are way louder.
Gotcha, thanks to u all for leading me to find that error. The punch did get hot to the touch during the 15 mile ride, I'm thinking 16v will make any amp get hot in no time? It might also be the reason my kicker kx800.2 started smelling like hot glue. I'd like to look into some 16v amps

Not much luck finding amps stable at 16v, do U still recommend I add a kinetic battery in the trunk?

Not much luck finding amps stable at 16v, do U still recommend I add a kinetic battery in the trunk?

soundqubed, dc audio, sundown incriminator, ampere, b2 audio, crescendo all can do 16 volts.

Amps - Page 1 - SSA STORE

I'd get a proper amp first and see what voltage you drop to then assess electrical upgrades.

BTW is your vehicle even safe to run 16 volts? some cars computer systems fry at 16 and 18 volts. Most of the times high voltage setups require and isolator and the stock alt runs the vehicle at 12volts and the 2ndary alt will be charging at 16/18v using a seperate battery and everything purely for audio.

Your car is in the same boat as my honda. It's designed to drop the voltage that low in gas saving measures. I accepted my voltage would run in the 12s and got an amp that rated at 12v. Takes some research, but it'll be less headache. And more mileage.

Sundown website said max 15.5v, skar said 16v still went in protective mode, soundqubed 2200.2 says 2450 @1 ohm 16v I'd need the skar sv2 3500 or soundqubed q3500 if I can find now it's q4500 ( if higher than 14.4 not covered under warranty) all which are max at 18v

What's your budget & how much rms are you needing? There are plenty amps that can run 16v.
I like deals, 1/2 price of retail if I can, almost bought a sundown 3000 for $500 today until I saw max 15.5v so I'll keep my eye out for steals on skar 3500, soundqubed 3500 n 4500, I'm on 2 sa12s

I like deals, 1/2 price of retail if I can, almost bought a sundown 3000 for $500 today until I saw max 15.5v so I'll keep my eye out for steals on skar 3500, soundqubed 3500 n 4500, I'm on 2 sa12s

D.C. Audio amps, Ampere Audio, Crescendo can all run 16v+ as well I seen the D.C. 3500/Nendo 3500s all the time an Ampere look for the 3800.1

Your car is in the same boat as my honda. It's designed to drop the voltage that low in gas saving measures. I accepted my voltage would run in the 12s and got an amp that rated at 12v. Takes some research, but it'll be less headache. And more mileage.

Right and the skar rp2000.1 was way louder than the taramps HD3K 2 ohm amp, maybe I got a bad one i did get it used I had it wired to a 4 ohm load n it feels like 500 watts right before clipping smh the skar at 1 ohm felt just right but not for now I'm thinking of trying the Orion xtr 2500.1 which is says 2500@1 ohm 12.6v birthsheets say 2440, not too bad. If I could figure out why this taramps not hitting right n get it right I'd keep it the fan loud as hell tho oh n it never went in protective mode since I plugged the alternator voltage regulator back on

Right and the skar rp2000.1 was way louder than the taramps HD3K 2 ohm amp, maybe I got a bad one i did get it used I had it wired to a 4 ohm load n it feels like 500 watts right before clipping smh the skar at 1 ohm felt just right but not for now I'm thinking of trying the Orion xtr 2500.1 which is says 2500@1 ohm 12.6v birthsheets say 2440, not too bad. If I could figure out why this taramps not hitting right n get it right I'd keep it the fan loud as hell tho oh n it never went in protective mode since I plugged the alternator voltage regulator back on

no its because the taramps do not react well to 16 volts, cause them to be really unstable and unusable. I'm surprised yours didnt burst into fire. Might have caused damage.

no its because the taramps do not react well to 16 volts, cause them to be really unstable and unusable. I'm surprised yours didnt burst into fire.
So it's possible it might be done? I can still send it back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...