SKAR Amplifiers

****, change that old tampoon between your legs, Mr All Knowing. I almost never use the quote feature on here. Ever....hell, you didnt even correctly use the quote feature.
Hehe..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

I mean ****, its a skar thread. No one cares about Dd pricing complaints on this thread. I already responded with my 2 cents regarding skar.

Duuuude wtf now I gotta try to return for credit and buy another amp and I want DD but everyone is selling for $370 they said dealers would have a discount so I call a dealer and they don't offer any discount. Bout to say F uck it to DD Audio if they don't offer me any help with this.[/quote
For which DD amp were you looking? And, what is your budget?
Man I wanted the C5D and I would pay 370 but I just don't like paying full blown retail on anything.

And skar and DD were mentioned because those are the two amps I am running currently

getPart

Fair enough...

Dd amps are vastly superior to skar amps. The c5d is a lil pricey for what you get tho. 80x4 of class d power for 370?

Man I wanted the C5D and I would pay 370 but I just don't like paying full blown retail on anything.

And skar and DD were mentioned because those are the two amps I am running currently

getPart

DD makes a darn good amp, but if you don't want to spend $370, then look at the Zapco ST-4X P. Woofers has it for $220 and they are an authorized Zapco dealer. It's not their top of the line, but should be just fine. Zapco makes a pretty fine amp, also.

My take on dd and their prices mainly relates to the monos. The fact that they can be wired very low, and are optimized for low voltage makes them superior to many competitors. Im not sure what the multi ch amps offer to justify the price over comparable competitors. I guess 80x4 for 370 just doesnt do it for me

The zapco is a good option; a few others

Ampere 75.4. - bandpass capable 279$

Synergy 150.4- bandpass + powerhouse 299$

I just want to know if skar is descent because im trying to find my clipping problem. I think it could be the Memphis EQ processor its running to giving me awful feedback

Im not familiar with that exact memphis unit, but does it increase line voltage as well? (Line driver) If so, you may very well be sending 6-8v to the amp, at which point clipping would be induced very easily if the gain isnt set very low. That isnt a flaw in the memphis tho.

I just want to know if skar is descent because im trying to find my clipping problem. I think it could be the Memphis EQ processor its running to giving me awful feedback
Sounds like you have everything set up pretty horribly signal wise.

List your whole system out every model name from head unit to EQ, to whatever else. We already know you are using the skar amp.

Sounds like you have everything set up pretty horribly signal wise.
List your whole system out every model name from head unit to EQ, to whatever else. We already know you are using the skar amp.
It is possible, I believe the crossovers are adjusted wrong. But anyway

Skar 6.5 Coaxials in the deck

Skar 6.5 Components in the doors with huge crossovers

Skar rp75.4 amp

Memphis equalizer/processor

DD Audio M1d Amp

Sundown X series 12

Og stinger wire

Kinetik HC2400pro

Factory radio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

16002856_638008366400473_816648303136910255_n.jpg

It is possible, I believe the crossovers are adjusted wrong. But anyway

Skar 6.5 Coaxials in the deck

Skar 6.5 Components in the doors with huge crossovers

Skar rp75.4 amp

Memphis equalizer/processor

DD Audio M1d Amp

Sundown X series 12

Og stinger wire

Kinetik HC2400pro

Factory radio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

16002856_638008366400473_816648303136910255_n.jpg
i'd say your biggest issue is factory radio limiting everything else. Every setup that I've fixed gained ridiculous amounts of output from swapping their factory radio with a line out convertor to a proper radio. Thats just how important a proper sub pre-out is. No line out convertor can even hope to achieve anything close to a pure sub signal.

For example my buddy had a 2006 corolla with a FU 750 12 on a ct 900.1 on a pac line out convertor. His clip indicator was flashing red most of the times, his bass was pretty weak Like barely vibrating the rearview mirror weak, no pressure other than just hearing some bass. Swapped it out for a 4 volt pre-out pioneer and viola, rearview mirror completely useless, side mirrors shaking, moderate chest pressure. Literally felt like a 10 db jump. His clip indicator doesnt flash anymore either. Everyone always underestimates the power of a strong dedicated and specialized signal.

audio is recorded in 2.1 however in a car with stock head units its only processing 2.0 you are trying to get bass out of that 2.0 that has no direct subwoofer processing in it. Worse off, most stock head units have a built in high pass filter which limits bass. So you are fighting a super uphill battle. because you are trying to get bass signal out of a signal meant for midrange speakers which is nonexistent, then you try to boost that up which causes ridiculous amounts of distortion.

While aftermarket head units have dedicated subwoofer channel signal processing which decodes musical information purely for sub frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...