Sixth Order for Standard Cab Chevy

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
We built this last night. Sixth order blow through for an 03' Chevy standard cab. Tuning was 44 hz. and 22 hz. It was built for two Skar ZVX 15's. on 7K. He's going to Rhino line it and build a tonneau cover.

20210528_171619.jpg
20210528_171737.jpg
20210528_171801.jpg
20210528_171856.jpg

20210528_171915.jpg
20210528_171933.jpg
20210528_171954.jpg

That box looks so small. That rear port looks extremly tiny for 7k, even at 22 hz. Sometimes it's just gotta be that way. That can't be more than 30 in^2 or so on that rear port.

That box looks so small. That rear port looks extremly tiny for 7k, even at 22 hz. Sometimes it's just gotta be that way. That can't be more than 30 in^2 or so on that rear port.

I'm not sure how many cubes the rear is. I know the ratio is a little under 2:1.

I'm not sure how many cubes the rear is. I know the ratio is a little under 2:1.

I bet it's around 6-7 cubes or so. I doubt it's any bigger than 7.5 or so. Front size can vary widely, just as long as that front port is big enough haha. Are the motors in the back or front? That changes sizes a bit.

Last edited:
I didn't get a pic of the front port, but it seemed pretty big. I'll find out in a little bit. The guy wanted to be able to do hair tricks.

I'm just always studying. 6ths are so versatile, it's fun to see the results of them. On these high powered builds, they are just extremely useful for many reasons. I'd love to see a video of this whenever it's playing!

I'm just always studying. 6ths are so versatile, it's fun to see the results of them. On these high powered builds, they are just extremely useful for many reasons. I'd love to see a video of this whenever it's playing!

Me too. Hey those SIA amps from Sundown blow away the SFB's. I put an SIA3500 in my truck yesterday and it's a huge difference. Louder, cleaner, and lower.

Me too. Hey those SIA amps from Sundown blow away the SFB's. I put an SIA3500 in my truck yesterday and it's a huge difference. Louder, cleaner, and lower.

Amp stats matter haha, just like subs stats do. I'd spend more on my amps and get a cheaper sub. A sub is nothing without an amp that actually makes the sub move to the waveform.

If you're playing lows, you'll be louder with a higher quality amp. I've quite literally tested this. People don't understand how important dampening factor is, in my opinion. My ED amps were fairly large and heavy for their ratings, but there's a reason for that. Wattage is far from the only rating of an amp. Some of the cheaper, higher wattage amps basically just throw the subs up and down in a very poorly controlled way. That causes distortion, and distortion causes pressure issues. Best bass is when the sub is fluid and always moving exactly to the shape of the waveform. That's why box sizes and port sizes matter, too. The woofer is always changing impedance and that ties into the voltage production of the woofer, and some amps just can't handle too much excursion, because they can't control the sub well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...