Single 12" setups. What do some meter?

xhilr8n
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dothan AL
Well as i have already posted in another thread, i have purchased a 9512G. I have been searching around for single sub setups of the 12" variety, and i have only found a few different setups with pics etc.. Also the setups i found didn't really have and follow-up on what the setup done, number wise etc..

Sorry if this seems stupid, i know that it is gonna depend on the vehicle, installation, enclosure, and all kinds of other stuff.......

I will ask this other question while i have a thread open instead of starting a new one. How does a horn setup compare to a normal ported enclosure? How would a t-line box compare to both of the above? I know no-one is really gonna want to explain it, so a link where i can do some reading would be great. Or a recommendation on a book i can buy to do some reading on enclosure designs etc. Seems like i remember someone saying that horns have a flat response curve across a certain frequency.

Thanks for everyones time.

Jason

I believe the 9512 is capable of high 130s, maybe low 140s in the right box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

IIRC, horn enclosures are very nice but require a considerable amount more space then normal ported enclosures.

I'd like to see some responses because I've been thinking about trying out a single 12" DD setup myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I hear they're suposed to be noisey little buggers but do they maintain moderate SQ for daily listening?

we shall see....... i am gonna put around 3k on it, and whatever box a certain individual says is best for my truck is what i am going with.

jason

definitely possible, especially with 3kw.. but it really depends on the install. what kinda car?

it's an 06 Nissan Frontier extended cab.......the new body style with a bigger cabin. My two eclipse twelves metered a 136 at our local event, box tuned at 35 hz, playing jeezy's hypnotize.......I thought that was loud, and it moved a ton of air in my truck....i should be impressed by the 12 then.

jason

As far a DD,I am unsure about a 12" number but,I know that there is a guy that did 169.8 on a 9910 powered by 2 viper 2500s and a 170.8 with a single 9915 on 4 DEI 1000ds.
what meters, those def aren't TL measurements.

Did a 138.1 off 1 12 Fi Q in a 1.5cft sealed box facing back off about 1000rms with a decent electrical system. Now if the sub didnt rip, I would be in heaven again. But some how the stupid sub ripped and I have a grill around the sub. Strange yes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.