Good Midbass Songs?

wvufootball
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryalnd
I have been messing with the xover on my mids and I want to see how low I can cross them safely. What are some good songs to see how low they can go without bottoming out?

Edit - wrong section, my bad. Can a mod please move it to general?

the intro (first track) on Common's album "BE".

or John Legend - Save room.

those are the only ones on top of my head.

i just picked up 311's Greatest Hits 93-03. this CD is insane for bass/mid-bass. the overall recording and SQ is also pretty good on the entire cd. Amber is probably one of the best songs you could use to test mid-bass.

tool, and a perfect circle i know both have quite a bit of mid-bass in most of their music.
Yep, those are both honorable mentions. A Perfect Circle and Tool can both make your midbass sound like poop and bring out every little harmonic and/or resonance problem you have. I thought the first deadening job on the Integra was good until I plopped in the green A Perfect Circle album (can't think of the name of the album right now).

Also take a listen to the Spies CD (self-titled - it's the name of the band and the name of the album). Be careful with the volume though if you value your subwoofers. Seriously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.