Single 12 4th order box

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Skar RP 1500.1 pushing the 12 and a Skar 400.4 running the 4 door 6.5s, a pair of Skar 8" mid range speakers and 3 sets of bullet tweeters. Im just looking for advice on building the 4th order box to have a nice deep sound.

I have a Skar RP 1500.1 pushing the 12 and a Skar 400.4 running the 4 door 6.5s, a pair of Skar 8" mid range speakers and 3 sets of bullet tweeters. Im just looking for advice on building the 4th order box to have a nice deep sound.
I'm curious Op... many ported boxes built and you never got good lows out of them?
I had a set of Evl-12's and they went plenty low. Designed a bunch too. Maybe its the tuning you had?
Those Evls do pretty good tuned low, and I've never had a complaint regarding a low tuned ported for those. I had a 31hz tuned and it dug into the mid-low 20's. And played those notes with nice authority.

I'm curious Op... many ported boxes built and you never got good lows out of them?
I had a set of Evl-12's and they went plenty low. Designed a bunch too. Maybe its the tuning you had?
Those Evls do pretty good tuned low, and I've never had a complaint regarding a low tuned ported for those. I had a 31hz tuned and it dug into the mid-low 20's. And played those notes with nice authority.
Oh yeah all of the ported boxes I've built have slammed great. The reason for me building a bandpass box this time is cause I don't want anything to poke a hole in my sub. I have tools that will be riding behind the box so I wanna build it where it's safe inside the box.

Oh yeah all of the ported boxes I've built have slammed great. The reason for me building a bandpass box this time is cause I don't want anything to poke a hole in my sub. I have tools that will be riding behind the box so I wanna build it where it's safe inside the box.
Makes sense. I'd do a 2:1 4th tuned a touch low like 44-45hz. Whats the width and seat/windowline height you got?

I'm not sure that the sub access will be where you think it'll be.. I drew something up and its the end cap for sub access. The magnet is in the vented section so maybe put it there if you want a window?

PM me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.