SIMPLE QUESTION ON 4 channel amp

depends on what kind of amp, but in most cases yes. you could wire each coil to a channel and that should work, or you could wire one sub to two channes bridged, and the other sub to two channels bridged.

so after i bridge the channels, i am left with two (+ and -). i connect each + and - to which coil? do i series wire one b. channel to one sub then the same to the other sub? thanks

You need to know the impedance of each of the voice coils and the load rating of the amp. Typically you want to make the subs 4 ohms each when bridging, although some amps (not all) will handle 2 ohms in bridge mode. If your amp won't handle 2 ohms bridged and your subs are DVC 4's, your first idea of 1 ch per coil might be the best way.

ok so if thats the best way... how would i go directly from each channel on the amp to each coil on the sub. wouldn't i have to go through the box's connecters and theres only two of those. do i not use the box connecters and wire it straight? how would i be able to keep the box sealed? thanks

Youve got terminal cups?

You would either need to put two more cups in your box or you could go the easy way and drill 2 holes just big enough for your speaker wire to go through. Then put silicone around the holes to seal them.

So in the end you would have 4 pairs of speaker wire coming out of your box and into the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.