silly but simple questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

n00body

SF, CA
hi all! this is a really duh bunch of questions, but my googles get conflicting answers. fyi, original install was planned and installed by a shop, now i'm just buying a bunch more parts now hoping to take it back to the guy to put them in. but obviously i don't know what i'm doing...

so..

if i get a kicker zx400.1 rated at 400w x 1 at 2 ohms mono

and i have two 4-ohm svc subs, wired in parallel, hooked up to it (everything i've read tells me this results in 2 ohms now).. will each of those subs get 400w or would they only get 200w each?

longer version..

currently have sw2501s4 (300w rms, 4 ohms) hooked up to a jx 360/2, bridged (360w x 1 @ 4).

recently bought a sw3001s4 (400w rms, 4 ohms) because i want to put it behind my other seat. i thought maybe zx400.1 could replace the jx and run them both, but now i'm thinking it should have been an 800 watt amp instead.

sooo if the zx400.1 is in fact only half-powerful enough, would it make sense to keep the jx360 powering the smaller sub and install the zx400 for the larger one? but that brings up another question! do i now have the wrong sw3001 for that situation? because the zx400 is 200w for 4 ohms and 400w for 2 ohms, so wouldn't i rather have the sw3001s2 (same sub same price but 2 ohms) instead??

sorry if this is painful to read, any help would be appreciated, and any even more elegant solutions will be worshipped. thanks so much in advance.

hi all! this is a really duh bunch of questions, but my googles get conflicting answers. fyi, original install was planned and installed by a shop, now i'm just buying a bunch more parts now hoping to take it back to the guy to put them in. but obviously i don't know what i'm doing...
so..

if i get a kicker zx400.1 rated at 400w x 1 at 2 ohms mono

and i have two 4-ohm svc subs, wired in parallel, hooked up to it (everything i've read tells me this results in 2 ohms now).. will each of those subs get 400w or would they only get 200w each?

longer version..

currently have sw2501s4 (300w rms, 4 ohms) hooked up to a jx 360/2, bridged (360w x 1 @ 4).

recently bought a sw3001s4 (400w rms, 4 ohms) because i want to put it behind my other seat. i thought maybe zx400.1 could replace the jx and run them both, but now i'm thinking it should have been an 800 watt amp instead.

sooo if the zx400.1 is in fact only half-powerful enough, would it make sense to keep the jx360 powering the smaller sub and install the zx400 for the larger one? but that brings up another question! do i now have the wrong sw3001 for that situation? because the zx400 is 200w for 4 ohms and 400w for 2 ohms, so wouldn't i rather have the sw3001s2 (same sub same price but 2 ohms) instead??

sorry if this is painful to read, any help would be appreciated, and any even more elegant solutions will be worshipped. thanks so much in advance.
If an amp is rated at 400 x 1 @ 2, and you run two subs on it, each sub will see half power - 200w.

crumbs. thanks, though. so best would be to get an 800+ and dump the rest, no? i'm not out for competition or anything obviously..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.