should I????

More info would be required I guess, you actually have both of them running 2000w @ 1ohm STABLE? What brand, what costs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You got caps ? If yes, how many farad and how many units, and how much (a) is your current battery?

i would probably say yes...if your running stock alt.....what you need to do is find out how many amps of current those amplifires pull at max. current draw and how many amps your car draws while running......add them together and if that excedes the amount that your alt puts out i would suggest upgrading your alt...good luck

here is my setup that I want to run:

2 Audiobahn AW1508Q 15" subs

EACH : 360oz magnet 2000watts RMS 4000W PEAK 3" inch Voice Coil dual 2 ohm Voice Coil Chromed FLAME Basket ------2002 MODELS

powered by:

2 Audiobahn 1500HCX's, 2000 watts each at 1 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

I dont have it all connected yet i want to wait till I have everything first,

its all going into a 1996 Geo Metro HB,

I'm pretty sure the stock alt. pushes 55a

im not too sure on the amps, if some knows plmk

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i will also be running 1 or 2 240w amps for my mid&highs

Thx for any help, as i am still learning the high power systems,

if I can get away with using a 5 farad cap, that would be great, but i guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

i gathered that much.....but im thinking your probably going to have to go w/ a 2 alt setup, depdning on how many amps(current draw) that your amplifiers draw.....if you could get that info for us that be a bit more helpfull

haha 4000 watts you are a fiend. If that alternator only pushes 55 amps, youre ****ed. Even if it pushes 200 amps, you're not going anywhere. 4000w/14v = 285 amps needed at 100% efficiency(which I guarantee you the audiobahns dont approach). If they are each 80 percent efficiency, which is about average for class d, you will need 357 amps(or 7 times what you have). You cant even use one of those amplifiers with your stock system. You need a 400 amp alternator(or 2 200 amp ones) and upgraded wiring and all that **** if you are even going to consider puttin both of those in. I say get a 200 amp alternator and use one amplifier and sub and those comp sets. A cap wont do anything for you. Frankly it doesnt matter how much your car's electrical system takes up because thats not going to be too much compared to these beasts.

You probably should have thought of this before you bought the godzilla system. Unless you are competing, 4000 watts is overkill in a geo metro. Look around for high-output alternators on the internet.

yeah i know there is going to be a lot of work to get this system going. i got the geo so i could make it into a monster, to make it something nobody has ever had or seen, i just need a litlle expertise getting it there, but i know what i want to do.

thx for the help, you say 357 amps for both amps?

i will figure something out, new alt(s) & batt(s)......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.