Should I use Series, Parallel, or Series/Parallel

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jgrif593

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I have 2 JBL Stage 9603 6×9"s that are 70 rms each, 2 JBL Stage 602 6 1/2" that are 45 rms each, and 2 Skar TWS-01 1" that are 40 rms each. All of the speakers 4 ohms.

I am thinking about getting the Planet Audio PL1600.4 4 channel amp that has a 150 watt output at 4 ohms per channel. I liked this because it would leave room to expand, as this amp will bridge two channel for 600 rms at 4 ohms, which could power a decent sub.

I am new to wiring car audio, if I got this amp, would I wire the 6x9s in series on one channel, and the other 4 speakers together in series/parallel on a second channel? Would a different amp be better, or even two separate amps?

I have 2 JBL Stage 9603 6×9"s that are 70 rms each, 2 JBL Stage 602 6 1/2" that are 45 rms each, and 2 Skar TWS-01 1" that are 40 rms each. All of the speakers 4 ohms.

I am thinking about getting the Planet Audio PL1600.4 4 channel amp that has a 150 watt output at 4 ohms per channel. I liked this because it would leave room to expand, as this amp will bridge two channel for 600 rms at 4 ohms, which could power a decent sub.

I am new to wiring car audio, if I got this amp, would I wire the 6x9s in series on one channel, and the other 4 speakers together in series/parallel on a second channel? Would a different amp be better, or even two separate amps?

Get a Taramps TS400X4 and a Taramps DS250X2. Put the 6"x9"'s on the DS. Give every speaker their own channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.