Should i replace my 12" Kicker CVX with a Polk Dxi 124?

Participant count
  • Participant list
No, the Kicker is a much better sub then the Polk.

Also the Polk is only rated at 360 RMS, you would probably blow it pretty fast with your amp.

No, the Kicker is a much better sub then the Polk. Also the Polk is only rated at 360 RMS, you would probably blow it pretty fast with your amp.
Thank you for your response.. What type of sub would be ideal? I found a 15" kicker L7 but I'd have the lay the box on the side cuz of the size of my trunk. Would that make a difference? The guy said I'd have to stand it up to get the most out of it.

Whats your budget I'm sure I'm sure you can get more for your money. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I was looming to save money and find something nice on Craigslist.. $200-300 is what I have in mind. But open for other ideas if it's worth it.

[quote name='Kayotiic']I have an Audi a4 what do I do to get a better box? Go get raped by my local car audio shop?[/QUOTE]

contact @Boomsday; here on the forums for a full custom box shipped for around 150$ great quality.

still not clear on what you really want though. Do you want louder? Do you want lower bass? Do you want sound quality?

a new box will get you louder on lower bass with more sound quality but you'll lose out on a little bit of upper midbass(should be taken care of by your speakers anyways)

If you just want balls to the walls louder then you'll need a beefier sub with more amplifier power along with upgraded electrical system. Also, I would not go with kicker L7s if you want beefier woofer.
http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/sub-woofers.html browse through these woofers and see if there's any craigslist deals around your area with any of the brands.

I want all around better sound.. Probably should've mentioned that I'm looking for better highs too.. I have an Audi a4 and still have the factory Bose in it, I have a new pioneer AVIC indash so I'm good on that. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Any help with what highs to get and how to install it would be great.

I'm under the impression that anything that has SA on it is a good product... lol...

Idk if it's good for SPL or SQ but I'm pretty sure both. I've never had one but people talk about Sundown like they're God's gift to car audio... (not saying they're not).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.