Should i port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DonH
5,000+ posts

So Cal
ok so im designing a box for my ranger and have completed the final design! i have a few questions since this will be my first box build! the box below has an internal volume of 3.8546 ft^3. Is that to large to be a sealed enclosure? the subs i have are cerwin-vega HED's. sealed they call for .9 cubic feet each !! they call for 1.1 cubic feet each ported to 33 hz. I want to go for ported due to an eventual upgrade.

If i wanted to port the enclosure to 33 hz how long of a port would i need? i know theres many sites out there that have calculators but dont trust em. N e ways i want the port to be 2.5 inches tall and 6 inches wide. any input will be greatly appreciated! thx guys! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

below is the box design.

oh and the lip is due to my truck. the back seat area is really dumb!

According to the specs you provided, 4 cubes is too big for a sealed enclosure. That is twice the recommended size. Are you sure 1.1 cubes each ported is correct? Usually 4 cubes ported would be fine if your subs are 12"s.

According to the specs you provided, 4 cubes is too big for a sealed enclosure. That is twice the recommended size. Are you sure 1.1 cubes each ported is correct? Usually 4 cubes ported would be fine if your subs are 12"s.
IM SHURE! i was thinking the same thing! the sheet that came with the woofers state 1.1 cubic feet. i guess they are recommended for sealed boxes but screw recommendations! How big of a port would i need? ie how long width and diameter

That is something an enclosure designer, like myself, could figure out for you but I don't know off the top of my head.
well then do u wana help me out? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

gerberdevqh1.jpg

James, blue or black? I can't figure out what colored pen I should use to sign my tax papers?
Is Green allowed?
Green because it's supposed to symbolize horniness...
WTF! how is this related?!?!

jeez its pretty hard 2 get a decent answer but thx to thoze who have posted sum thing relevant to this thread!

well i tried that before my post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
it can be tried more than once. I don't think goob charges for that feature.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.