Should I make the switch. Not sure of benefits

Participant count
  • Participant list

thericanballer
10+ year member

God Bless You
Orlando, FL
Hey guys I'm currently running two dc lvl 2 10s on a mb quart 1500 onyx. The car is a 1999 Honda accord ex four door. The question is should I sell them to get two sa8 v2s. I would run at one ohm btw just like my tens. Are the sa8 going to be as loud or louder than the level 2s. Will they have better sq perhaps. They have a higher power rating that's for sure. I really like how the twos hit lows being tens and I don't want to sacrifice that. Also I don't want to lose loudness. Any imput would be great Thanks guys

Doubt they will be as loud. Your going down in cone area. Also doubt they will sound good. Every DC woofer Ive had was on par with the likes of Image Dynamics. If you want to increase SQ and loudness I would consider raising power and look at a new box configuration.

Thanks man. I have run every dc sub so far except the five. And so far they all have great sq. I just wondered if the sa8 v2 would maybe sound as good or better bit guess not lol

Thanks man. I have run every dc sub so far except the five. And so far they all have great sq. I just wondered if the sa8 v2 would maybe sound as good or better bit guess not lol
I cant say for sure since Ive never played with anything from Sundown, but I highly doubt it. They may be on par, but then you would sacrifice cone area.

I cant say for sure since Ive never played with anything from Sundown, but I highly doubt it. They may be on par, but then you would sacrifice cone area.
the only way I see you gaining loudness or being as loud is with an exotic enclosure that has a large gain to it.
Thanks guys. Can you give me input if i were to change to two skar vvx 10s? Havent heard much bout them...

Thanks guys. Can you give me input if i were to change to two skar vvx 10s? Havent heard much bout them...
They are a vendor here, but I personally wouldnt touch them because I was around when history was started here. Im sure if you do a search for Skar/Subtilus Audio you will find alot of stuff.

Neither one if you are looking for SQ. The Skar 10's would be a better bet.

I don't know what you guys are smokin' but the 2 DC installs I've heard both sounded like crap. Granted that's not a lot of experience, but I would say they are more geared towards SPL than SQ. BRRRRMP BRRRRMP BRRRMP

The SA-8 v.2 has exceptionally good distortion characteristics... very flat CMS curve, good bit of linear x-max, and dual shorting rings for low inductive distortion -- all verified by Klippel. As far as output -- you are losing cone area so will probably drop a bit in output. If you want to save some trunk space it would be a good switch -- if not I'm not sure it will be worth spending money to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.