Should i keep or remove rear speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kross6622
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SCS, MI
So today i was driving home and i was getting sick of the muffled sound i was getting with my bass, i knew my seats where down but i couldn't figure out what i was till i thought to set the fade to the front turning off my rear speakers. I then noticed that there is no muffled sound coming from the back. Now i had them running off the head unit while my front components are ran off my rf 4004. They are plenty loud to fill the car and i really don't see a use for keeping my 6x9's in the back since they make it sound sloppy. Now i have a grand prix and i hate having to fold my seats up and down all the time. If i remove the 6x9 more air will be able to go into the cabin and create less muffled sound correct? Is it worth it to take them out, or just leave then in.

Right now i got 2 PG rsdcs in a sealed box. They sound real good now that i got rid of the muffling sound. Id like to keep my seats up if possible.

Any input is appreciated.

When I took mine out it got much louder. When I redid my build I built a custom rear deck with a pressure fitted port. Made a **** ton difference.

sundownbuilds11.jpg

sundownbuilds2.jpg

When I took mine out it got much louder. When I redid my build I built a custom rear deck with a pressure fitted port. Made a **** ton difference.
when you say pressure fitted port, do you mean u ran the port threw your rear deck, and that made it much louder? also did your seats fold down? I would like to get a simular result by taking them out as i do now with the 1 single seat folded down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.