should i go higher end?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
got a new ride, 2006 frontier crew cab. need some speakers to pop in there, but im having an issue. last two vehicles the speakers were about halfway up in the doors so i just installed speakers in the factory locations and went to town.

the frontier has the speakers at the utmost bottom of the door and a set of tweeters up in the dash. ive always heard tweets in the dash firing at the glass was a shitty thing to do. and with the mids being ****ing feet upon feet from the tweets, it breaks another rule.

so what should i do?

1) coaxially mount comps in the stock locations (legs would get in the way, no clear "line of sight" if you will)

or

2) mids in doors, tweets in dash (tweets in the dash? honestly?)

dont really want to cut into door panels on a "new" car just yet, just to mount some tweets only to find out it still sounds like **** with the mids so low.

nor do i want to do kicks. honestly, this car doesnt seem very audio friendly. im almost scared to purchase a set of $500 speakers when they wont sound any better than some cheap **** due to my installation limitations.

mejealous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
junkyards don't have presents for me often.
Me either, honestly. For some reason, 10 year old American trucks are hard to find in Detroit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I've got a car with a similar layout (mids low, tweets at base of windshield), I've been happy with the way it sounds.
My mids are low as well, and sound fine. My suggestion is to pick up a second set of pillars at a junkyard or on eBay, and fiberglass them for tweeters.
hmm ok, ive always been told that firing tweets off the windshield is no good but if you guys say it sounds good to you then maybe i should just go for it then. thanks doods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.