Looking to buy new rear speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

x732xandrew
10+ year member

jersey
So I have a pair of Kicker 08KS650 - 6-3/4" Speakers - Sonic Electronix running in my front and I was looking to buy a new pair for the back. Currently Im running a 300 watt amp to my internals, (no idea on exact specs, can't find them online either, assuming its around 50 watts rms) I was looking at these speakers for the rear Kicker 055KS65 - 6-3/4" Speakers - Sonic Electronix I'm also looking for a new amp, any ideas on the new amp? would these rear speakers be worth it? I eventually plan on putting in a sub and just making all my internals for high frequencies.

If your going to add a sub stage then don't waste your money on rear fill your sub will take care of that, if anything invest in some new components for up front

If your going to add a sub stage then don't waste your money on rear fill your sub will take care of that, if anything invest in some new components for up front
do not listen to this idiot. obviously the sub and some rear 6x9's or whatever wont sound the same so how could the sub take care of it? most people on here dont run rear speakers because they like to have some kind....lame terms "sq type fronstage setup" with only a front stage and no rear even tho they run a spl type sub stage. makes no earthly sense to me considering with spl youre trying to get everything as loud as possible but anyways. if you want rear fill then buy them. kickers are decent but why not buy them off ebay? your kicker warranty wont cover anything that may and probably happen so just save some money and buy off line.

do not listen to this idiot. obviously the sub and some rear 6x9's or whatever wont sound the same so how could the sub take care of it? most people on here dont run rear speakers because they like to have some kind....lame terms "sq type fronstage setup" with only a front stage and no rear even tho they run a spl type sub stage. makes no earthly sense to me considering with spl youre trying to get everything as loud as possible but anyways.
most people who understand and appreciate music - don't run rear speakers. i have a sound stage - laid out across my dash. people liken it to a live performance, but better. even if you have an SPL sub stage - you don't need crap behind you - just make the front stage louder.

in a sedan/trunk setup - rear speakers are destroyed by subs and they result in less bass in the cabin. so if you want SPL why would you want to reduce the bass in the cabin by putting something in it's way? if you listen to music and like music - why do you want it to sound like crap. rear speakers are fine when you don't have a sub as most can produce low end better than door speakers (though i can put in 6.5" door speakers that do more than a 6x9 ever could in the rear deck).

the automobile is the only platform where people put full range speakers behind them that are not dedicated for surround sound. your ears can't discern information behind your head anyway.

the only purpose for rear speakers is for rear passengers - and they should be in the rear doors.

NO ONE likes having one speaker blaring inches from their head. rear deck speakers are only intended as factory low end - which is why new cars just have 6x9 woofers in the back and no tweeters.

I was looking to buy this amp Kicker 08ZX650.4 (08zx6504) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix If I get this would I have to buy new front speakers? My current fronts are kickers that are 65 or 75 rms, (the link is in the op.
you don't need to buy new speakers just because you buy a new amp. that amp would be a fine addition. you want more power than you're going to use because you don't want the distortion present at rated power (for budget amps). besides, you won't be listening to more than 65W RMS anyway - that would be uncomfortably loud. music is dynamic, and power levels are only attained for very short durations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.