Should I go bigger?

phatcat600
10+ year member

yeah my name is stupid
Last year I heard my friends two 12" Orion H2s in a hatch in a ported box with 600 watts total. I wanted something that would sound that good because I really really liked it and I new I needed more power because he has a hatch and I have a trunk. I bought a 15" Mag and a Sundown SAZ-1500D and I was thinking that would be as loud in the car.

Now Im thinking since I have a trunk, I wont get nearly as much pressure into the passenger area will I? I plan on deadening the trunk, but will it be enough to give me a nice volume? All I remember from when I heard his was that it felt like the world was shaking around me haha, I want that for my car.

But will a 15" Mag and 1500 watts be enough? or do you think I should switch to an MT or something of that nature...

There is only a small pass through in the center.

Im so f-ing excited about hearing it for the first time, its gonna be a bit after christmas though because I dont want subs and stock speakers. Im trying to stay out of the ghetto.

lol good choice, espescially with that mag, you wont hear any speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think that hole is a skeet hole right? The arm rest folds down and you can get into the trunk?

lol good choice, espescially with that mag, you wont hear any speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I think that hole is a skeet hole right? The arm rest folds down and you can get into the trunk?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

I never heard it called a skeet hole either....but again I never really knew they had a name for it...I always referred to it as a beer hatch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So any other opinions? I spent a lotta money (to me) on this setup, will it make me happy or should I sell that mag now (never used, if I use it I cant sell it as BNIB)

Ok lets turn this into a versus thread. 2 ported 12" H2s (300w each) vs. 1 ported 15" Mag

So any other opinions? I spent a lotta money (to me) on this setup, will it make me happy or should I sell that mag now (never used, if I use it I cant sell it as BNIB)
Ok lets turn this into a versus thread. 2 ported 12" H2s (300w each) vs. 1 ported 15" Mag
why would you only give each H2 300 watts each? don't those things handle 2K a piece?

he was sending the H2 300 each because he only had a kx600.1 that he bought for a 15" Rockford HX2. The Orion H2s were actually given to him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.