Senior VIP Member
hawaii
i was thinking of getting another psi plat 2 

or was thinking of getting the wolfram 2400

im running one plat2 on a cab1600 

which would i get a better result from

a single plat2 on a wolfram2400

or 2 plat2's on a single cab1600 

or would it be the same where i would clip in the same general spot with the cab running on a higher gain as the wolfram running a lower gain because electrical?

i would love to get a new alt but thats out of the question for this car.

if anything could i just buy a new battery for the rear but how would it charge and would i need to charge it somehow?

i read more cone area the louder you are?

stock alternator/upgraded batt in the front no rear battery/ stock alt is 110 amps

the shipping to hawaii is pretty insane. 

i beleive i can get the wolfram for about 314$ w/shipping

psi plat 2 406$ w/shipping this is with the 15% off for today being the last day for their bf deals

side note i think im just a bit shy of enough room to make the box i wanted to make for it being 5 ft @ 35hz

Last edited by a moderator:
i read more cone area the louder you are?
Second sub sounds better all things being equal since you definitely will need to upgrade electrical to run that Wolfram amp and that'll likely push the limits of a single sub pretty hard.   That said if you have to sacrifice too much on box design and wind up with a poor design there you might not be any better off than where you are now.   You have no way to know how a new box will perform real-world in your car until you build it and test it.

i have 125amp alt agm in front with 0ga big 3 and i'm pretty sure 1600 or 2400 would kill all my stiff, my p1k is ******* voltage down to 13.3 as is.. u would have to get the 2ns batt (0ga of course) big 3 too..  yes the alt will charge rear batt too but not great since u be ******* the power from it for amp so u have to charge it slowly with batt charger every once in a while.. why would u run wolf2400 to 1 sub cab 1600 to 2?, if u mean run wolf at 2 ohm maybe but get 2nd batt wolf and 2 subs but like he said if u get small box tuned at 50 hz better off to stick with one (and maybe think about saving some $ and get wolfram sub too they nice)

i have 125amp alt agm in front with 0ga big 3 and i'm pretty sure 1600 or 2400 would kill all my stiff, my p1k is ******* voltage down to 13.3 as is.. u would have to get the 2ns batt (0ga of course) big 3 too..  yes the alt will charge rear batt too but not great since u be ******* the power from it for amp so u have to charge it slowly with batt charger every once in a while.. why would u run wolf2400 to 1 sub cab 1600 to 2?, if u mean run wolf at 2 ohm maybe but get 2nd batt wolf and 2 subs but like he said if u get small box tuned at 50 hz better off to stick with one (and maybe think about saving some $ and get wolfram sub too they nice)
if i get a 2nd battery is there some sort of spec i should be looking into? theres a local battery shop in front of my house i could go look at

im pretty sure they dont have xs though or anything car audio related 

but think they have yellow optima batteries if anything 

running a cab1600 to psi platform 2

ppi900.4 active to crescendo pair sts tweeters and a pair of pwx 6.5 and using knukonceptz 0 gauge for everything just no big 3 i only upgraded my ground for my battery

if i get a 2nd battery is there some sort of spec i should be looking into? theres a local battery shop in front of my house i could go look at
Do you guys have auto parts chain stores there?  O'Reiley's Pep Boys?   Both sell premium AGM batteries that are pretty good and will come with a decent warranty.  

You want "AGM Deep Cycle" type battery, Ideally two 55 Amp Hour size or one 100-110AH size, though just the 55 may get you by.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.