Should I get another 12" ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
Well I've decided that I can't get rid of my Eclipse 8200 because the sound quality is just amazing. It dominates Stream of Consciousness by Dream theater.

I was thinking maybe I should get a 2nd one, and upgrade each to 1.5 cubes sealed. (currently in 1cube). Do you guys think there would be a noticeable difference ? I was thinking it would bring out the low end a little more.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

in theory 2 subs shareing 1200 wrms will be the same volume as 1 sub with 1200.

ie, they get 600 each!

but 2 subs and twice the power will be a lil louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

in theory 2 subs shareing 1200 wrms will be the same volume as 1 sub with 1200.
ie, they get 600 each!

but 2 subs and twice the power will be a lil louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
in theory if you have 1 dual 2 ohm sub you can wire it down to 1 ohm resistance. If you have two subs then you can wire down to .5 ohm and get full power out of that lanzard opti 2000d he is pushing the subs with. See i actually read his sig to see what equipment he had so I knew what a practical application would be to increase wattage and cone area.

ugh i just noticed those are svc 4 ohm subs, I would suggest getting another sub then getting a kicker amp to push them at 2 ohms for some sweet power, that lanzar likes to be dropped in impendance go make its power.

Yea I would be giving each sub ~600w (right now it's getting ~650). So I would be doubling the cone area, increasing box size by .5 and keeping the power pretty much the same to each, not half.

Well they say double the power you get 3dbs and if get another sub you get 3dbs . If you get another sub you are going to double your power (3dbs) so I would get the 2nd sub (3dbs) and build the box bigger. Do you still have the 4cu box you built. If you have it put both subs in it and smile. I have 1 that I need to build a box for but its going to be a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.