Should I do it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

terminal206
10+ year member

~TSL~
Tennessee
I need some help deciding whether or not to deaden the frame for my roof before I put the headliner back in. Should I do it, or not bother? Is it going to make any difference? It sounds pretty much dead already, and if I should how should I do it?

I would really appreciate any opinions, but it would be great if those of you who have deadened your car/truck/SUV/whatever before would help me out!

Here's some pictures, what I'm trying to decide about are the areas that are still green on the roof.

f1501.jpg

f1502.jpg

f1503.jpg

Thanks to anyone who helps!

its pretty reinforced. you should not have any vibrations from that part, just the large flat areas.

if you want to go for it, but you might have trouble with putting the headliner back on. i would just put as much as you can on the large flat area.

Thanks req, I was kinda thinking that myself, I already have 2 layers on the roof, and trust me it is VERY dead. Everyone that I have shown it to wants to deaden their cars now LOL, even a 50 year old man was really impressed with it and wants me to do his truck next. I use the simple, "knock on your roof, then knock on mine" test... proves the point quite well. As far as the deadening, I don't have to worry that much about my panels flexing since I am doing a SQ system, and the main purpose for the deadening is to keep rattling down and outside noise out. I want there to be silence when you shut the doors... I really appreciate your input man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.