92 buick lesabre cd install

Participant count
  • Participant list

DirtyP
10+ year member

Im trying to install my system cd, amp, sub,door speakers.. Anyways

I cant find out how to take the dash off its one giant piece with no screws...

Do I just pry it off?

And hop I can glue it back on old cars ****....

My other car was so much easier.

thats what im about to try.

The first time I looked I figured maybe the scews are in the bottom grabbed a flash light no screws, maybe behind the ashtray nope..

Then I thought maybe I have to pull the heating vents off vents dont budge.

Then I said Ill check the glove compartment 2 screws didnt help any for the rest.

I havent even checked the doors because im stumped on the dash but they shouldnt be as hard, the dash is seriously one piece and 4ft long...

When you open the passenger door, your fuse box should be to the left (on the flat part of the dash where the door sits flush.)

Pop off the cover, and there should be two screws. Remove those screws, and pop the dash off from the drivers side first and slowly pry it up towards the passenger side. The dash will pop off initially on the drivers side, where the door meets the dash.

I am fairly sure of this, but if not then get some pics of the dash and the sides where the doors meet the dash.

I had a 92 Buick Lesabre and puttin a cd player in it is no fun. Not hard, just alot of screws to remove in the dash to get to the CD player.

Your Lesabre should have a woodgrain trim that runs all the way across the dash, pop that off with a flat head screwdriver starting at either end.

Make sure that the key is in the ignition, and the gear shifter is in its lowest position, its the only way to get that out of your way. Now here is the fun part, basicly you just start to remove screws along this area where that trim piece was. I would start on the driver side by the fuse box and work my way around. There are (4) under the ashtray after you remove it.

Their are two sets of screws that you are going to have to find (like I had to lol). First the (3) that are right there when you open the glove box, and last, use a flat head to pop out all of the ac vents. ( there is a screw in each of them as well).

There are also (3) I believe right above the gauge cluster.

If yours was like mine, you going to have to use a #15 Star or a socket to remove most of these screws.

The doors are easy, just remove the screw by the handle and gently pry off. Its just some clips that hold it on.

All this is coming from memory and I took mine down pleny of times. I have a book here somewhere that has the total count of all the screws and where they are at. I will look for it today.

Hope that helps..........Have fun!!!

Well I did this the other day on my dayoff I work 3rd sift so its hard for me to when I do work....

It was a pain in the ass had to pry off this one piece of trim and the pieces of plastic broke, so I had to glue it back on and hold it with tape, I pulled out like twenty screws , heating vents, the glove compartment, the whole dash had to come off, when I finaly got the deck it didnt fit because the attena connector so I had to tape that in too for now, it was dark and 6 degrees out.

I picked the worst day to do this. The stupid lego like dash install kit pieces kept coming off so im going to get the big metal one thats on the stock deck to hold that sucker in, Im probaly going to just unplug the attena.

Didnt get a chance to put the door speakers in but I noticed the wire going to the tweeters on my kenwoods is cut, is there anyway to fix that? maybe some solder? I dont want to use the pioners.

Yea that aint no fun install a headunit in that car. I broke part of my trim too the first time I tried to remove the dash. It took me forever before I realize that their were screws in my vents as well.

Maybe some electrial tape to fix the cut wire? Solder would def be better and a stronger bond.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.