Should I buy this ID Max 12"?

eddie_93
10+ year member

Colorado
This Image Dynamics Max 12" is listed locally for $125. I want to pick it up but from what I see in the pics I think the coil looks pretty dark so that has me a little worried. The guy is 40 minutes away from me so I wanted to see what everyone here thought about it before I went to check it out. Let me know what you think!

Also, anyone happen to know what version of the ID MAX this is?

ResizedImage951360023117079.jpg

2013-02-049518-10-5495223.jpg

ResizedImage951360023448315.jpg

3G93M33H45Kf5F15H6d1k7c9baf0ae3f718e9.jpg

3E43M23Id5Id5H45J4d1kfe244e02a61b111c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
**** is that a quad stack motor? If so it's well worth the cost especially if its a 3" coil or bigger.
Or is it a big *** triple stack either way it's a nice moofer but that coil does seem a little dark and used,.. probably not much life left in it.

**** is that a quad stack motor? If so it's well worth the cost especially if its a 3" coil or bigger.
I think i read it's a triple stack but not positive. I also say some people say the coil discoloration is normal for this sub but im not sure if thats true or not, can anyone confirm?

All these older IDMax's look like that. I think that's about 3 versions ago but I'm not an ID guy so not too sure. I'd say try and talk him down to 100 bucks or so. Have you heard it? Take a dmm and check the coils to make sure they read out right and go for it. They're nice woofers... If anything play it for awhile and build something custom later on with the motor.

All these older IDMax's look like that. I think that's about 3 versions ago but I'm not an ID guy so not too sure. I'd say try and talk him down to 100 bucks or so. Have you heard it? Take a dmm and check the coils to make sure they read out right and go for it. They're nice woofers... If anything play it for awhile and build something custom later on with the motor.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Looks like a v2 based off the motor. Some v3 were still triple slug motors though, iirc.

Coil is usually darker on idmax, I'm roo lazy to pull mine and confirm. I could be confused with my spg555.

**** good price, especially if coils read out good

its a v3. i worked at ID building these i would not get it due to whom i know built that driver. look at the leads on the spider, it will tear at higher excursion. the triple stack was due to an ordering problem on the larger slugs and ID had a oh crap moment and built a run of them using triple slugs. if it doesn't work talk him down ALOT and buy a re-cone kit for it

I have not heard it but he claims it works great. It's listed on my local craigslist but the owner lives about 40 mins away. Was planning on taking a dmm and checking the coils if you guys think it's worth the trip and the dark color of the coil isn't much too worry about.

I know I can get him down on price as well. Thanks everyone for your advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif this will replace my SA12 if it works well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.