Should I buy another Ascendant audio havoc?

Hey everyone. I have been reading this forum for years now and figured it was time to join up. I recently had my car totaled and now bought a newer car. Anyways, The ascendant audio havoc 15" in a 4.3 cu ft box is too big to fit in the trunk of my 2017 civic si coupe lol. So I was looking at downsizing to a 12" sub. My question to you guys is if you think I should stay with The same sub or should I look elsewhere? This box will definitely be ported and built by myself as I custom build all of my own boxes. I love the lows but I would like a sub that can still control itself and not fall apart from heavy rolling kicks. The havoc did this pretty well. Below is the required info.

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12"

Budget: 500$ CAD

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Alpine PXD M12 1200 RMS

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 2-3 cu ft

Goals: Lows and accuracy (Not sealed accuracy but not falling all over itself)

Listening habits: A lot of hip hop/ rap (tech n9ne) but also love playing heavy rock and metal like metallica and ozzy.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: AA, DC, SA etc. Open to any suggestions as long as its quality.

Bro you can totally fit a 15 in a proper sized box in a 2017 civic trunk easily. 3.5-3.75 cubes should go in easily. I was measuring it out because i was planning on buying one and the first thing that came to my mind was trunk space.

I know the last car I had was a 2008 civic el-x 4 door and I built this box to fit in that trunk. However the coupe trunk is much smaller. I tried fitting the bow in and only made it halfway in lol. I guess I could build a smaller box I just know this sub likes big boxes.

I know the last car I had was a 2008 civic el-x 4 door and I built this box to fit in that trunk. However the coupe trunk is much smaller. I tried fitting the bow in and only made it halfway in lol. I guess I could build a smaller box I just know this sub likes big boxes.
Big box different shape/dimensions so it fits in the trunk

FI ssd looks nice u can customize it for like $319

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.