Subs to pair with skar 800.1

Participant count
  • Participant list
Suggestions on which subs to go with that will pair well with the skar 800.1 I already have.

Most of what I've looked at are either 500rms or 300rms. Not really sure which is better to get a good sound. Under power a better sub or lower the gain for lower power sub.

The skar ivx are in my price range but sold out everywhere. I was thinking about the sundown LCS but haven't seen a lot of reviews.

I'd like to stick around $80-100 a piece or less if possible. I already have a ported box for 2 12s so that's what I want to stick with and I'll look into a custom box as money comes available.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had a pair of these on an RP 800.1 in my sons car.... they're just under $100 each and have 18mm excursion, cast basket, 2.5" 4 layer coil and sound pretty good in 1.75 ft3 ported... I tuned his pair to 33 hz and it slammed for 800 watts... https://jet.com/product/detail/ad72e1904d3a4c3fbd9ca7b2be050863?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Gen_Electronics_a1:Electronics_Car_Vehicle_Electronics_Car_Audio_a1:na:pLA_785706707_43734982729_pla-302907754768:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=785706707&is_retargeting=true&clickid=d34acb74-87cd-431b-a30e-401b5e12cc51 ... they are getting hard to find as they are discontinued but I feel that these do really well.

Suggestions on which subs to go with that will pair well with the skar 800.1 I already have.
Most of what I've looked at are either 500rms or 300rms. Not really sure which is better to get a good sound. Under power a better sub or lower the gain for lower power sub.

The skar ivx are in my price range but sold out everywhere. I was thinking about the sundown LCS but haven't seen a lot of reviews.

I'd like to stick around $80-100 a piece or less if possible. I already have a ported box for 2 12s so that's what I want to stick with and I'll look into a custom box as money comes available.

yeah we do need to know box and port dimensons and lcs maybe about best u can get in that range unless u get pioneer like mine it has 600rms (i'm running 930 to mine) but if u did 2 with 400 per sub sound great (mine's pretty loud) u can find them on ebay for $70-$85 each.. u can also get sundown E's bstock on car audio bargain $95 they are new subs may have extra glue on them or something like that

I'm not really for sure on the box it came with the skar ix subs I bought used. I thought they were ivx up until they blew and I found out I got screwed. Needless to say I'm buying new to keep that from happening again.

I'm not really for sure on the box it came with the skar ix subs I bought used. I thought they were ivx up until they blew and I found out I got screwed. Needless to say I'm buying new to keep that from happening again.
Skar's bass packages mostly include the IX subs... yeah they're low end... think it was one of those?

Yea probably so. Box fits perfectly in the back of my hatch.

Know anything about American bass XO? Just found some that are 400rms. It's been a while since I've had a system.

yeah the low end skars not great., vd 12's are lowest skar to get.. even rf p2 or kicker cvr better and they like $85 each..

yeah the low end skars not great., vd 12's are lowest skar to get.. even rf p2 or kicker cvr better and they like $85 each..
I agree that the VD Skars are acceptable but is the box you're using a prefab?.. the RE I listed is my personal choice and new but probably would need a new box to be custom built to really shine... those Sundown E's tho... that's one HECK of a buy... you'll need a box built as well to get what you're paying for. I'm not a salesman... just sayin'...

I agree that the VD Skars are acceptable but is the box you're using a prefab?.. the RE I listed is my personal choice and new but probably would need a new box to be custom built to really shine... those Sundown E's tho... that's one HECK of a buy... you'll need a box built as well to get what you're paying for. I'm not a salesman... just sayin'...
My guess is that it's a prefab, but I have no real way of telling. I will get a new box made once I get through vacation with the family.

Measure you box and post dims here. Someone can run the #s . Include port measurements
Finally got around to measuring the box. It has the port in the middle and both subs share it. Hope that makes sense lol

Height 13.25in

Depth 15.25in

Width 35in

Port width 3in

Port height 12in

Port length 11.75

(From edge of port to outside of box is 16in)

This is what I came up with...
6tZJRm.jpg

I have a question If I may ask... should I adjust the port length until I match his measurements with the physical port length?.. as you see there is a discrepancy in the "Port length" and "Physical port length".. I adjusted one to meet his measurements as I believe it may be "seeing" the length differently... OP, yes I'm still learning the finer points here... if not it is tuned to 47 hz or so... @Jeffdachef

Finally got around to measuring the box. It has the port in the middle and both subs share it. Hope that makes sense lol

Height 13.25in

Depth 15.25in

Width 35in

Port width 3in

Port height 12in

Port length 11.75

(From edge of port to outside of box is 16in)

yeah thats not great for ab sub most like 2.25cf or more each tuned high too,, drop by sometime i'll check it out.. did u get gain set?, sound better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.