Participant count
  • Participants list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
Brand x 350 amp alt
Big 3 done with 0 gauge
Taramps bass 3k
Timpano 800 watt
I drop to mid 12's sometimes. I'd rather stay in the 14's would that be possible with a 2nd bat?

Also I set my gains with my hu flat and turned volume to about 55 out of 62 and tuned the amp to 57 volts which should be about 3k but I get clipping on the indicator. My bass boost if all the way off. For 3k on 2 12's it doesnt seem to pound very hard. Thinking j may have something wrong or a slight out of tune or something.

Brand x 350 amp alt
Big 3 done with 0 gauge
Taramps bass 3k
Timpano 800 watt
I drop to mid 12's sometimes. I'd rather stay in the 14's would that be possible with a 2nd bat?

Also I set my gains with my hu flat and turned volume to about 55 out of 62 and tuned the amp to 57 volts which should be about 3k but I get clipping on the indicator. My bass boost if all the way off. For 3k on 2 12's it doesnt seem to pound very hard. Thinking j may have something wrong or a slight out of tune or something.

Are you currently running a stock battery? If so, then I would change that battery out first, then, go from there. It sounds like your gain is a bit too high.

My front battery is a platinum agm. A year old. Also the taramps has a clipping indicator. Should I just set my voltage to for 3k or should I set the gain until i see clipping and turn it back a bit.

I run 2 xr 12 on 3k in a 5 cube box after displaying tuned to about 33 hz. They seemed a lot louder and hit harder before I added the timpano amp for doors and the alt is literally a few days old.

All you need to go by is the clipping monitor with Taramps amps. Unless you have a ton of amp headroom and need quite a bit lower power.

Sounds to me you have quite a bit of box rise and I would deff be running two batteries. The bass series likes 14-16 volts.

K I'll give that a try then. See what happens. Then I'll see about a 2nd batt. Good suggestions for bat?

Something like this.

Screenshot_20200604-162633_Google.jpg

Id check the grounds as well, and all connections make sure up to par. A second Battery would help quite a bit.Make sure your Alt belt is tight and not slipping also

Id check the grounds as well, and all connections make sure up to par. A second Battery would help quite a bit.Make sure your Alt belt is tight and not slipping also
J was planning on redoing the grounds as they are the only ones I can think of causing an issue. I dont have to have my sub level up alot and my rear tail lights were dimming with the 350 alt.... I used a half inch shorter belt in the alt and j listened to it for about 1o min for any squeals or whines or bogging down on the engine. Checked the voltage at alt stud and batt and amp they all the same. I'm thinking it may just be I need a 2nd battery also. I plan on tearing the whole trunk down Tuesday sk I can deaden it and then I may move my ground to to a better location if available.

Also dropping voltage causes clipping? Even with the 350 alt I see 12.4 sometimes. If I add that 2nd batt at least 60 amp hours would it help with the voltage and clipping issue. I set all my settings on flat on the hu. I just cant get the bass to where I like it without is clipping. 3k watts should be louder than what it is..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.