Putting another system together.

Gatorade

Dec 17, 2017
Lexington, KY
I'm buying new stuff again. This time I have to go way smaller with my box, to the point that I might have to go sealed. I haven't done sealed in years, but I really like the sound. Right now I'm think of a Wolfram 3K or 4k amp, and new subs. I have 2 12" XFL's in a beautiful custom built ported box. It doesn't fit in my new 2015 Toyota Rav4. I was think of building a sealed box for the XFL's but I'm not sure if that would work well. Some subs I'm thinking are Gcon, JL W6, Sundown sd, fi ssd, and Dayton ultimax. I'm not sure if I wanna do 10's, or 12's, but I want 2 subs. Price around $600.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
SSA

Reactions: Gatorade

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Sealed 12’s vs ported 12’s is going to be less space at the cost of output. Two bigger motors tens in ported will have high output at 1.5-2 cubes each vs 2.5-3 cubes that a 12 needs. A rav4 has great hatch throw and is a small vehicle.

Gatorade

Dec 17, 2017
Lexington, KY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sealed 12’s vs ported 12’s is going to be less space at the cost of output. Two bigger motors tens in ported will have high output at 1.5-2 cubes each vs 2.5-3 cubes that a 12 needs. A rav4 has great hatch throw and is a small vehicle.
Thank you. So if I do, infact, go with sealed I want a stronger motor to combat some of the output loss.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
If by stronger you mean bigger then yes. But keep in mind that the bigger sub will require more baseline power (rms) to get em moving. Two big a$$ 3” vc 10’s in a rav can bang. You can right size your enclosure a bit (closer to 2 cubes per sub) to get higher output.

Reactions: Gatorade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days