Should be easy wiring question...

Pearson
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Tried to search but apparently my google-fu is not working today.

Details, I have a sub box that holds 2 10's. These 10's are separated into individual chambers so I can run one at a time, if needed. I am wanting to run both at the same time and wire them to 1ohm. I can hook up and run each sub off their own amp but I'm only wanting to run 1 amp. The chambers are part of the same box but they're separated by mdf and fiberglass. Each chamber has it's own terminals.

Question, what coil config should the subs be? Also, how would I wire both subs to 1 ohm?

The issue I have with d4 is that the subs can not be connected to each other unless it's outside the box. Is that going to be an issue? I know how to hook up both subs, if they were in the same chamber, but with each sub in a separate chamber it's throwing me off. The amp has 4 speaker inputs, 2 pos & 2 neg, so do I connect each sub to an individual set of the inputs or are they sharing one set of inputs?

There is only one speaker output on the amp. It has two positive and two negative terminals for convenience.

If your subs are dual 4Ω, you should parallel the coils in each chamber and then parallel the wires from the box. This can be done by using the four terminals on the amp.

The issue I have with d4 is that the subs can not be connected to each other unless it's outside the box. Is that going to be an issue? I know how to hook up both subs, if they were in the same chamber, but with each sub in a separate chamber it's throwing me off. The amp has 4 speaker inputs, 2 pos & 2 neg, so do I connect each sub to an individual set of the inputs or are they sharing one set of inputs?
No problem at all. you can either jump between the + and - on each sub + to + - to- then you wil have 2 2 ohm loads which in parrallel =1 ohm as long as all the connections get made it does not matter where they get made. I would double check with the manual of the amp I have found that if they have 4 terminal you use all for to run 1 ohm. I fried an amp bc they bridge internally although it is mono amp.

4_andrew14m.gif

My google-fu is a little better today it seems. This was the image I was looking for. As long as this is correct, this is what i'm going to do.

Thank you for all of the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.