Common , easy question I'm sure. Wiring recommendations for setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chromatic

Senior VIP Member
B'ham, AL
I have a fairly good idea of what to get,.. but just thought maybe some of you had links to good deals, or complete packages for self installs.

Here is what I will be installing in a 350z.

Doors/Front Speaker/Stage = CDT CL-61-CV 6.5" Mids with the .75" Tweeters going in the Window Sail panels (Both are factory size, and will replace factory speakers directly.) -- The high mounted tweeters should bring up the sound stage well. Speakers are 100 Watts RMS a piece. $180

Cl-61cv - CDT Audio 6.5" Convertible Coaxial Component Speaker System | WoofersEtc

Head Unit = Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD AVH-P4100DVD - In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver with 7" Widescreen Display | Pioneer Electronics USA (Already installed).

Sub box = Custom Built box that fits exactly in the Factory slot where the Factory sub would go.

$100

Nissan 350z Vehicle Specific Sub Enclosure 1-10"

Sub = JL Audio 10w0 (75-300 Watts RMS) JL's "optimal" range on their website is around 220-250 watts RMS. $110

The alternative here is an 8 Inch Sub.

This brings back the 8 or 10" argument. Money is going to be $100-$130 on sub regardless of which size. So if that budget on sub helps you give me a reason to go with one size over the other.. please do.

JL Audio 10W0v3-4 W0v3 Series 10" 4-ohm subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

Amp: CT Sounds - 4 Channel, 125watt RMS x 2 (for 100watt fronts).. and 380watts RMS (Bridged and stable at 4 ohms) for Sub. $225

Ct Sounds 125 4 Amp Amplifier 125W RMS 250W Max Class A B 4 Channel 2 Ohm | eBay

Given I have Headunit already -- that is all.

Anything special I should be running from the back of the headunit being what it is? RCA's? Or some sort of NON speaker wire cables?

Single inline fuse all one needs,.. or a fuse block?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.