Short?

Participant count
  • Participant list

motoxstud
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
ok, here we go... i have an '86 chevy chevette and when i disconnected the stock radio there were 2 speaker wires, and a ground, a positive wire, and another wire... after i connected everything EXCEPT that other wire to my new HU, my dash lights stopped working... and its not a fuse, and when i was playing around i touched the mystery wire to the positive and the dash lights lit up...?? so could that wire have something to do with my dash lights not working???

do u mean the harness that came with the new deck?? if u mean that, then i dont think so, but ill go look in my manual and installation instructions to make sure... could that be my problem? and if so, how do i fix it

im looking at the manual right now, and all it has is the remote, the battery wire, the ground, and the acc wire... then the speaker ones of course

i dont know, when i bought my harness i had a wire called illumination, my friend helped me with the install he said that made it light up when you turn on the head lights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.