Short power wire vs 15-20 ft

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
I have always wanted to put an amp right by the battery feeding it, for instance, instead of a 15-20 foot 0 gauge run from the starting battery to the trunk, a one foot cable from battery to amp on the front floor or something. What if much will be noticeable? Less Voltage drop? More power?

Last edited:
Okay i felt stupid. 18" long 4 gauge ofc. Full tilt dropped to 13.2v car off in 15sec and with 17ft 2 gauge run from hood starting battery it was 12.7-8 in 15sec. Guess my amp goin in the floor ho watch your feet. Didnt think it would be noticeable difference, still, not much.

Agreed 100%, but for me it's easier to swipe a card than run a wire. I hate running wires.
Oh, total opposite. i play with storage bins full of wire scraps from past installs for fun. I hoard decent grade wires from audio homies shops. I hate paying for wire. It is irrelevant i have 4 lengths of different color wire, a distro block, a splitter, a fuse holder, joint coupler for my power run to trunk. Haha

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...