Shops cost for sound deadening

Rayj211
10+ year member

NJ
I was wondering if anyone knows how much a decent shop would charge for sound deadening a car. I just got a 12" type x and about to get a pdx 1.1000. My 08 altima sedan has annoying rattles with the stock speakers. I plan on getting my whole car done and getting bass blocks for my speakers so i only get bass from the sub. Id do the job myself but ive never done it before and i want all the areas done good so i think i should leave it to the pros if the price isnt rediculously expensive. Any one have any ideas on how much they charge or know a good spot to get it done in the tristate let me know id appreciate it.

Its gonna be ridiculously expensive. Its a very labor intensive and time consuming process and they are gonna charge you out the ass for it, not to mention the high cost of the deadening material

where in jersey are you? get a couple estimates and let me know what they say, ill beat th eprice substantially.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For front doors, down here in Texas they charge around 200-250 bucks.

where in jersey are you? get a couple estimates and let me know what they say, ill beat th eprice substantially.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Talk to this guy. Very nice and I'm sure more than capable of deadening a vehicle.

usually they charge around 1X-2X for the labor as much as the material costs. So a bulk pack of dynamat xtreme (39 ft^2) for example would be about $150-200 (what the shop charges for it) and the labor could be like $150-300. One bulk pack like that would fully do both front doors and door cards of a 2 door with maybe a little left over.

wow thats crazy. How much sq ft do you think id need for an 08 altima sedan? if anything i was thinking of doing just the doors, headliner. rear deck and trunk and forgetting about the floor but i really dont know much in this area so idk if that would be a good idea or not.

There is no amount I could be paid to deaden a car for someone else *laughs*

Maybe it is because I am so OCD about it... but it takes FOREVER.

But yah... for a half decent job - not cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.