Hood Pins

johnnyvolcom5
10+ year member

XBL TAG xL BLAZE ix
Minnesota
K kinda off topic a little bit here, but im thinking about getting hood pins for my car. About 6 months ago while driving down the freeway at about 70, my hood flew open!(dumb ass worker ddnt shut it hard enough after he jumped me). anyway since then my hood is all FUBAR and wont latch, so its tied down with some climbing line for tree climbers. It works but is a pain in the A** to untie and retie everytime i need to get under the hood(especially when the knot is frozen from f'ed up minnesota winters). Those race cars all have hood pins, is this a good idea for my car? Are they legal? they are relatively cheap, way cheaper than a new hood and latch.

any suggestions..........or laughter posts, for i drive a 1995 regal.....ha ha ha. but seriously, this rope buisness BLOWS!

i had the same thing happen to me on my crx about 6 hours away from home, i used hood pins to get me by. I wouldnt suggest it for a permanent solution though
yeah when it flys open its crazy! i was on a 3 lane freeway. how come not for permanent use? those race cars go way faster than i do...ha ha

Yes, thats the whole reason I had to get them is because I had to grind away the area where the stock latch was to accomidate a larger radiator.
ok thanks....finally no more rope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The other day i had to soak the knot in hot water when it was like -10. two pins would be much easier!

i had the same thing happen to me on my crx about 6 hours away from home, i used hood pins to get me by. I wouldnt suggest it for a permanent solution though
because they look horrible/ricerish. plus your hoods already jacked up I would imagine from it being flipped backwards.

mine went all the way to the windsheld and destroyed it on a 4 lane high way in down town louisville. couldnt see a dman thing except for where the hood curved at the bootom. Scared me to death.

we had to bend the hood on a curb to even get it close to the shape it needed to be to even go back on the car.

wagon003.jpg

wagon002.jpg

because they look horrible/ricerish. plus your hoods already jacked up I would imagine from it being flipped backwards.
mine went all the way to the windsheld and destroyed it on a 4 lane high way in down town louisville. couldnt see a dman thing except for where the hood curved at the bootom. Scared me to death.

we had to bend the hood on a curb to even get it close to the shape it needed to be to even go back on the car.
yeah mine shattered the windshield and glass flew INTo the car......then like no even 1 minute later there was a cop and he made me tow it. but yeah i just looked out the window and watched the line(luckily i was next to the shoulder) but i got most the dents out of the hood, and i really dont care about looks. ill get a new car this summer....hopefully!

^^ you say they look too ricer? What about the front bumper on that **** thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.