Shop setup build log

Pioneer~Saturn
5,000+ posts

Dr. Enclosure
Dayton, OH
Alright, ive been working in my shop for too long without some tunes in there. So in chicago at the maxxsonics comp they had insano pricing on all kinda of equipment, so I picked up 10 4"ers for 20 bucks for the shop

DSCN3720.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

And they seem pretty nice too, not too shabby. 2 will be going in each corner of the shop and one on each of the larger walls between the pairs.

I also picked up a pair of cheap 4-channels a while back, so I'll be powering these with a pair of Pioneer GM-6300F's. Im just going to bridge the amps to simplify things and not worry about a front/back.

Here they are with my comps from a while back..

DSCN0015-1.jpg

This will also include my 15" TC9 aswell in a fairly large ported enclosure, tuned low, with a healthy amount of port area to make the most of the limited power (still deciding on an amp but it wont be tons of power, it'll have to be pretty cheap). Im thinking around 4.75 cubes, tuned to 31hz, with around 80ish sq inches of port. The enclosure will most likely have grill cloth over the port to keep all the saw dust from drifting inside.

DSCN1919.jpg

And the backbone to keep everything alive and happy, I just picked up this powermaster charger from dennis at Mechman and it is nice

I will be making a frame for this to sit in that will have grill cloth around the whole thing so it can breath but still be protected from the dust, then it will have the front/face of it on a hinge to swing up when I need to turn it on/off, adjust, etc.

Here she is..

DSCN3745.jpg

DSCN3746.jpg

I think for battery I may be snagging the biggest decent battery they have at autozone or something, probably duralast or something. Or possibly starting off with one medium sized one and then down the road getting another to run in parallel to really keep things running.

For the headunit, I will be using my old Pioneer 7700. I will most likely be making a small station/tower for the charger, battery/batteries, amps, headunit, etc. to all be in and where appropriate I'll have grill cloth panels on hinges so I can get to the components and they'll still be protected from the saw dust.

------

Anyways, onto the actually building of stuff..

Getting the enclosures made for the 4"ers. These will be sealed enclosures to protect from the dust and the fronts will be covered in grill cloth.

DSCN3719.jpg

DSCN3723.jpg

DSCN3724.jpg

Lol, I should be there...hoping to have my amp back though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

And I'll make due on my electrical for now, but thanks for the offer ont he inverter

Lol, I should be there...hoping to have my amp back though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
And I'll make due on my electrical for now, but thanks for the offer ont he inverter
Yeah, I'm cutting it super close trying to get things here for new setup for the 22nd.

Crossing my fingers.

nG

i kind of envy your shop, even though its a lil storage unit (vs. my 30x50 garage). looks like a good place to get away from **** and just bury yourself in some work and clear your head. now with your tunes it should be a little piece of heaven for you.

Thanks, and im hoping by winter it's finished the way I have it in my head. It should be pretty darn nicely setup once finished with less worry about the dust, some tunes, possibly a tv behind some plexi eventually, and a couple other nice touches.

More tonight probably, I just went and got some titebond instant-bond to speed things up and some grill cloth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.